German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,
Belated Happy new year.
I am posting my Pet 1 year(DOB - 25/12/2018) Male GSD pic here. Is he Dark and Tan or Red?. And I have noticed his head is bit small and nose is pointed comparing to his body. He is 27inch tall and 73lbs.
Is there any chance , where is head size is going to ger increase when he became 2 or 3 years old?

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't know about the head, but he is a red saddle as far as I know.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would think that it is likely not to change very much. I would expect it to maybe improve a little? But the overall structure will likely be pretty much the same. He just may be a more finely featured dog.

He has really strong pigmentation though! I would consider him to be black and red.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
He is a nice looking male and they continue to gradually fill out by three years of age. I agree black and red.

·
Super Moderator
8,676 Posts
Black and Red, saddle pattern, and appears also to be a long coat.....in its shorter phase.

He has a nice broad skull. Expect his body and coat to fill out...the pointy face/muzzle will likely stay. Hard to accurately determine from the angle of the photo.

He looks very similar to one of my males. He never had the strongest secondary sex characteristics, but he was a striking dog otherwise. I will try and find pics of him at this age.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Has he been desexed? Early desexing may result in the immature development of masculine characteristics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black and Red, saddle pattern, and appears also to be a long coat.....in its shorter phase.

He has a nice broad skull. Expect his body and coat to fill out...the pointy face/muzzle will likely stay. Hard to accurately determine from the angle of the photo.

He looks very similar to one of my males. He never had the strongest secondary sex characteristics, but he was a striking dog otherwise. I will try and find pics of him at this age.
Thanks for your reply. If possible please share your boys pic :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts