German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup is 14 weeks tomorrow. I was just wondering if you guys thought his coat color would change much? I have seen a lot of those types of topics on here. His coat hasn't changed much at all since I have got him.. maybe his black has gotten more rich in pigment. What do you all think, have any of you had a gsd with a similar coat.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,635 Posts
He's a cutie. :)

His coat looks a lot like my showline female. She was very dark as a puppy, the red/tan spread slowly up her legs during the first year. As she grew, her chest and rear legs lightened but she stayed pretty dark overall. Pictures below are from 9 weeks, 2 years, and 8 years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's a cutie.

His coat looks a lot like my showline female. She was very dark as a puppy, the red/tan spread slowly up her legs during the first year. As she grew, her chest and rear legs lightened but she stayed pretty dark overall. Pictures below are from 9 weeks, 2 years, and 8 years.

She's beautiful!! Thanks for the pictures, I'm sure he will get some more tan to him as well. I LOVE his black face though that's the only thing I wouldn't want changed :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts