German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background. I'm working on Dakota with some dog issues she has towards certain dogs and been following the steps in Control Unleashed and Fiesty Fido. What an improvement. We have not had an incident for a few months now. Prior to that she would lunge and growl at dogs when they passed that were hyper, lunging, barking or growling at her.

In addition to the work, I've been walking her a lot with my friend's sheltie and do so on a daily basis. I've noticed that her dog appears to be leash aggressive. She normally lets him out on the retractable leash an and he would charge some dogs, so now she is not allowing this and he does not like it. Last nights walk he went after three dogs as Dakota walked right by and didn't react at all, except to turn around as the sheltie charges the passing dog.

Is there any way that the Shelties behaviour will cause us a setback? When we pass a dog I usually go ahead so this commotion is happening behind us.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like your doing awesome. Only change I would make is the reward. Let Dakota know he did good with whatever your reward is. That's a hard one to pull off so it's a big deal. That's all the work that you and Dakota put into this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like your doing awesome. Only change I would make is the reward. Let Dakota know he did good with whatever your reward is. That's a hard one to pull off so it's a big deal. That's all the work that you and Dakota put into this.
Ten year lod thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts