German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 3 month old German Shepherd Husky mix mixgirl. I got her when she was 9 weeks, and 5 weeks have gone by but her coloring looks exactly the same...
The mom is the German Shepherd, and the dad is the Husky mix. I'm confused, because it looks like she took on her mom's coloring, but I was wondering if her back would stay black like her dad's. Will she have her mom's coloring or will her head and back remain black with some tan? She also has some white strands by her eyes, nose, and cheeks, as well as all on the bottom of her belly, will this go away or change at all? She didn't used to have that. But that's the only thing that seemed to change, as well as fur length, it seemed to get a lot shorter. Does the amount of food or food type she eats matter at all in coat length?
Also to me it looks like her fur is pretty short compared to her mom's and dad's. Is it just because she is still little? Will some parts grow longer than others later on?

(Picture with floppy ears is when I first got her)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd also like to add that she did have some white strands on her face and belly before but especially on her face, there's a lot more than before. It makes her look dirty....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Anything tan will stay tan, a lot of the black hair will most likely recede.

What did her parents look like?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted pictures of them as attachments on this thread :) The german shepherd is the mom, and the Husky mix is the dad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts