German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under some bad circumstances I had to give my dog away a year ago and now the guy I gave him to cant keep him and asked me if I wanted him back. Without hesitating I said yes. I never wanted him to go in the first place and I regretted not letting my mom keep him for a while then get him back. Anyway I'm getting him back today. He is 3 years old now and I just want to know if we will have the same bond and if he will be excited to see me. I've owned several dogs but this one was that once in a lifetime dog I'm so fortunate to get him back.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Only one way to find out :) It might be like he never left, or it might take a bit for the bond to come back. Either way he should hopefully fit back into your life nicely

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Oh, he will remember, be sure to post a video of the reunion.
Congratulations on getting your boy back.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Glad you are getting your boy back. Ive never went through this either. I think it will be a change but a positive one . Just remember even goood things can still be a little stressful just cause its a change. I believe he will remember you.

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
What time are you getting him back?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At about 6 this evening. It's like waiting until Christmas morning when I was a boy. I'm so excited. Needless to say he will be eating high on the hog and he will have it made. Even more than last time...

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
I am so very happy for you. Please post videos and pictures.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Will he remember? Absolutely.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
He will remember. You should try to get someone to video it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not gonna have anybody with me to video it i might can come up with something.i hope it's worth videoing weather it happens or not. I doubt he jumps on me cause I taught him not to do that but if he knocked me to the ground I would love it

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Just make sure you update us on how it goes :). I'm sure he'll remember you.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sit down with a box of Kleenex and Google "Service men and Dog reunions".

That and my parents kept the dog I got at 16. I went 18 months after I moved before I got to see him again. He jumped up on me, licked my face like it was a steak, and had a serious case of the zoomies.

Trust me, they remember. :)

Congrats and can't wait to see pictures/video.

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
He won't forget but you may have to give him some time to "retrieve his files" so he won't bite you when he doesn't remember you right away.
In my high school years I rode a horse on a farm where there was a dog that I often played and worked with. I went to college, got a job and visited them about 5 years later. The dog was now old. He was outside as always and barked like I was a stranger when he saw me. I called his name, he walked over to me, he sat in front of me, looking at me for a while and then his memory kicked in; joy all over for both of us. I saw the change in his eyes when he remembered but he had to dig deep for a while. Never forgot that moment.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Oh yes, he will remember! I have my sons dog and he goes wild with kisses and waggles every time he sees him! I know if he were to take him back there would be noo problem!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So happy for you! I think they remember.... My dog was originally my son's. He only had her for 3 weeks, from 8 weeks old to 11 weeks old, before his landlord said no dogs. I was supposed to have her temporarily but it turned out permanently. That said.....even though he only had her 3 weeks, and I have had her about 1 1/2 years, she still acts differently with him than anyone else. Whatever bond was formed between the 2 of them, has stayed with her.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts