German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you guys are gonna kill me for this one. But first let me say, in no way do I want to breed Larka.
I haven't had her spayed because I like them to mature before I do. She was to go in this past fall but we had a few vet emergencies and money got tight so it was put off. Then I found myself unemployed.
But the main thing here is, Larka is in heat and I've been monitoring her and if she goes outside I'm watching or know where she is.
Dumb! I wasn't watching and when I turned back, Loki, our rescue male was tied with her!
He was nutered Aug, 22/08 so there shouldn't be any problem with sperm at this point (I think), but I would of assumed that he wouldn't be interested in mating.
Should I be concerned? Is this normal?

·
Registered
431 Posts
This is VERY normal. I have heard of several cases of neutered males tying with females. Especially if the male had been bred before being neutered.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: MaxGunnarYes I have first had experience with it, it can end up with an ER visit like mine did, keep them seperate
Now I'm even more worried. Why did it end up at emerg?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I was so worried about Larka I never thought of the effect it could have on Loki.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Quote:I would have to wash his dingus three times a day for three weeks, lets just say we took our relationship to a whole other level
A necrotic dingaling is enough to freak out any guy, but this post was just hilarious.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
OMG MaxGunnar, I don't know whether to chuckle (though I'm sure it was NOT funny at the time) or throw up...

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Yeah I just finished deep cleaning my carpets TWICE because of two different instances of coming home to dog $*** explosions. $*** on my ceiling! Anyway...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Originally Posted By: MaxGunnarhe got his member stuck out the sheath and it started to go necrotic. they wanted to amputate but I suggested we wait, the Dr said I would have to wash his dingus three times a day for three weeks, lets just say we took our relationship to a whole other level
Oh my goodness that is just to funny!!!! Only because of how you wrote it up....I hope there were no ill effects.

They sure can!!! I had a Rottie that would tie with a female anytime he could get away with it....LOL Some males just never get enough.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Originally Posted By: BucksMom
Originally Posted By: MaxGunnarhe got his member stuck out the sheath and it started to go necrotic. they wanted to amputate but I suggested we wait, the Dr said I would have to wash his dingus three times a day for three weeks, lets just say we took our relationship to a whole other level
Oh my goodness that is just to funny!!!! Only because of how you wrote it up....I hope there were no ill effects.

They sure can!!! I had a Rottie that would tie with a female anytime he could get away with it....LOL Some males just never get enough.
no permanent damage, Erika just came out of heat and he was still interested, so we had to keep them seperated

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Im glad to hear that!!!

This post made my evening also....LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts