German Shepherds Forum banner

Wild Card Novice

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Question as we entered Wild Card Novice along with rally for a June trial. This is the first time we have entered Wild Card as most clubs around here simply don't offer it.
I have my AKC Obedience rule book but I can't find anything under Wild Card. I was wondering what the order is as is it just like novice in that you start out with heeling, then the stand, etc?
Also I understand you can pick one thing not to do--for instance the stand. Also you can talk and encourage the dog as in rally, correct?

Pat Moreno
Sammy & Halley

#4 ·
I haven't heard of it either,,the only wild card I know of , is CPE agility..:))
diane

#5 ·
Is it AKC???? LOL Sounds great!

Lee

#11 ·
OMG I can do CDX without the broad jump??? Yippee!

gotta find some of these!

Lee

#12 ·
I would do it in a minute!!!!!

Kati will not do the drop on recall for me -
sigh

The only thing holding me back - if its a non-regular class then its non-titleing right?

So why have the agony but no title if the miracle happens?

#13 ·
Originally Posted By: csaizI would do it in a minute!!!!!

The only thing holding me back - if its a non-regular class then its non-titleing right?

So why have the agony but no title if the miracle happens?
For the opportunity of bridging from the non regular to the regular (and titled) classes. For the fun and experience of doing something new and different with your dogs?

#14 ·
I just wish more clubs would offer it as only about 2 around here give us the opportunity. It is much fun and more laid back. A little like AKC agility vs. NADAC or CPE.

Pat

#15 ·
Most kennel clubs do not offer non reg classes but many obedience clubs do. Our club offered the wildcard classes last fall and I had a blast in WC Novice with Kayos. It is a good bridging class and fun for a dog like Kayos that cannot do Open due to hips but is too young for veterans. It is just a good time.

Depending on how things work out, pre-novice may be replaced by a class called Beginning Novice. This would be an optional titling class which means you can earn a title but it is not required to earn to move to the next higher class. In BN you can offer one word of encouragement per exercise. I am looking forward to that.

#16 ·
Thank you Everett54

I guess after training for Obedience for the last 4 years with 5 different dogs I should be ready
"for the fun and experience of doing something new and different with my dogs"

I will try to real hard as soon as my training schedule allows:

Sunday afternoon - 3 hours - 3 dogs
Monday evening - 1 hours - 1 dog
Tuesday evening - 1 hour 1 dog
Friday evening - 1 hour - 1 dog
Saturday morning - 2 hours - 1 dog

Mind you, the above are my training classes - I also train at home on my own

#17 ·
Oops, Everett54 I forgot - I spent the last 4 weekends at dogshows

#18 ·
Oh shoot!! Than you know all the ropes and are very good at fun and exciting things with your dogs! What's one more class for practice. (laughing!)

#19 ·
Originally Posted By: csaiz
I guess after training for Obedience for the last 4 years with 5 different dogs I should be ready
"for the fun and experience of doing something new and different with my dogs"

I will try to real hard as soon as my training schedule allows:

Sunday afternoon - 3 hours - 3 dogs
Monday evening - 1 hours - 1 dog
Tuesday evening - 1 hour 1 dog
Friday evening - 1 hour - 1 dog
Saturday morning - 2 hours - 1 dog

Mind you, the above are my training classes - I also train at home on my own

Oops, Everett54 I forgot - I spent the last 4 weekends at dogshows

Well golly gee whiz, there looks to be openings on Wednesday and Thursday for some more "new" things.

#20 ·
Sorry, taken up with sheep herding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.