German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live about 2 hours from my wifes parents house and about once or twice a month she will go up there and spend the weekend.

She called me on her way up there and said she took our puppy with her. I am kind of sad because its nice to have her there when I get off work at 7am. Funny thing is I am actually worried about the puppy like will she get enough attention etc up north. Also my wifes mother doesnt allow dogs in the house so my poor puppy is off to the garage which annoys me a little. My wife assured me though that she would take care of her.....

I sure hope all the hard work my daughter and I have put in doesnt back track us on her little vacation from home. lol

:(

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
how much time is the pup going to spend
in the garage? will the pup be crated? if the
pup isn't allowed inside the house i don't
think it was a good idea to take the pup there.

Also my wifes mother doesnt allow dogs in the house so my poor puppy is off to the garage which annoys me a little.

:(

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I hear separation anxiety in your post. Maybe you need a toy to chew on and some time in your crate....whatever you do try not to chew the woodwork...owners hate that. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I hear separation anxiety in your post. Maybe you need a toy to chew on and some time in your crate....whatever you do try not to chew the woodwork...owners hate that. :)
LMAO, Maybe a little :laugh:. I just worry because with our old dog. Granted he was very naughty. He was basically turned into a farm dog when we were up there. I just dont want valuable training thrown out the door.

Her taking her was a bit of a suprise to me!

I may drive up there to get her if she becomes exiled to the garage.

·
Registered
302 Posts
LMAO, Maybe a little :laugh:. I just worry because with our old dog. Granted he was very naughty. He was basically turned into a farm dog when we were up there. I just dont want valuable training thrown out the door.

Her taking her was a bit of a suprise to me!

I may drive up there to get her if she becomes exiled to the garage.
That's exactly what I was thinking... two hours isn't thaaaat far :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd make it there in an hour just because that's how attached I am to my GSD. No amount of bickering from in-laws would get me to agree on exile.

-E

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why did she take him? Did she have a reason or did she just want some company on the ride up?
She felt I would be too busy. But she didnt even know my schedule. I am home all weekend except for about 4 hrs.

She says I am being dramtic. I told her I wasn't lol :wild:

I think alittle of it was she is planning on going over to her friends who has a 2 yr old Lab and felt sasha could play with her friends dog.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just out of curiousity, would you drive two hours to pick up your wife? :)

Jelpy and the mesquite Mafia

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
My kind of guy. I like you and I don't even know you. LOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
definitely dont chew the woodwork!!! i suggest a kong filled with peanut butter and possibly some crate time! Dont forget the walks!!! Lol. I'm sure everything will be fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have always hated being away from my pets I have owned. But now I dislike it just like being away from my 3 kiddos. Sometimes I wish I could work a reg. M-F 9-5 job like most people but my profession has bad hours and a rotating schedule.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Me too, "Road trip"!! I'd be on my way first thing this morning. :D
Me three!!! But my husband would never take my dog...one and only benefit of him not particularly liking GSD's :eek:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
As long as she's not sitting in the garage 24/7. the socialization and new experience of traveling and being crated somewhere else will be good for her.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I was with my pup all day every day for the first 8 mths and now I am back at work and miss her all day long until I get home. I know how you feel I also have a bad case of separation anxiety!:wub:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts