German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
A lot of people say I take good pictures... most I take look like more that than what I post. Haha.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
A lot of people say I take good pictures... most I take look like more that than what I post. Haha.
I always think the secret to good photography is at least partly related to how many pictures you take...the more you take, the better your chances of getting a good one!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I always think the secret to good photography is at least partly related to how many pictures you take...the more you take, the better your chances of getting a good one!
Definitely! My dad has always been into photography, and thats what he always told me. The difference is the pro takes 100 pictures to get that 1 great one, versus 10 to get the 1 good one. A friend of mine is a semi-pro photographer (uhm, he has done full time photography but went back to computers since it brings in better money and does the photography on the side now) and its very true with his work, he takes TONS of photos. Its like non stop clicking. But the best photos ever that I have of the dogs and me are by him!

·
Banned
5,921 Posts
Whats wrong with it? - looks like a perfect shot of the lower half of a dog jumping!

Actually it looks like a lot of my shots of trying to get him running or jumping!

Keep shooting!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I take the worst pictures, because my hands are so unsteady. I have nerve damage in my arms so I blame that lol. But the last camera I bought was supposed to have the "image stabilization" to help with shaky pictures... Nope. Or my hands are just too shaky. That camera got lost in a move anyway, so all my photos now are from my phone (pretty decent actually) and I'm going to save up for a really nice camera...

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
It actually reminds me of a lot of the shots I took with my first digital camera...when the delay between depressing the shutter button and the camera actually recording a picture was "rather long." I took hundreds of pictures of my daughter swimming breaststroke and butterfly as she came up to breathe and I believe her head was under water in every one of them.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Now that is a picture I could compete against in the photo contest. So in addition to a separate contest for altered photos, I propose we have a separate contest for the less talented members such as myself.

I'm kidding.

Okay, not really.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I like the shots with the eyes half open or one eye shut. I'll bet someone can come up with a couple of those. ;-)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the shots with the eyes half open or one eye shut. I'll bet someone can come up with a couple of those. ;-)
Ohhh I get those too! I don't think Harley likes the camera because most of his headshots show him closing his eyes or squinting. (calming signals maybe?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts