German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like sleeping with the window open whether it's summer or winter, feeling fresh air helps me sleep

Living in the city though I live in a very nice part had it's ups and downs. Last month we found a note in our mailbox from a neighbor explaining that they had found footprints around their car. They followed the footprints around the neighborhood and realized this person had gone to every car that was parked in the driveway of each house. They called the police who made a report but with no other evidence weren't able to turn any information up.

Since then I admit I've been a bit spooked, my window faces the front of the house and when it's open it's obvious. Since I'm a creature of habit if someone was paying attention it wouldn't be missed. As I was cracking the window open again tonight I scanned the road as I normally do, not seeing anything suspicious. I turn around and look down at Delgado who's bed is under the window. He's staring calmly back at me as if to say, "don't worry mom, I got this." I chuckle as I realize if anyone was stupid enough to try and enter through the window both dogs would alert me long before they touched the roof. Not to mention if they magically managed to get through the window they'd be faced with a nasty set of teeth

I think I'll sleep very well tonight ;). I really love owning a GSD :D

Edit: I should add in no way do I expect or hope my dogs will ever do anything more then bark. I'm not trying to infer I expect either to actually attack an intruder

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Great story! That reminds me of when I lived in an apartment with my husky. The lady next door had a small poodle. One day she said to me, "I am so happy I live on the same floor as you. Pals of the manager had gotten hold of the pass key, and the night before she heard them drunk on the stairs, saying "no don't go on that floor, the wolf lives there" .

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
This is so true. When the woman upstairs killed her husband, we had police everywhere by the time I came home. I asked the police officer that took my statement if my dogs were behaving, he looked at me and told me that they were fine(they weren't barking when I came home, very quiet) and I did not have to worry about anyone ever breaking into my house. I smiled and walked away.

·
Super Moderator
6,033 Posts
Since then I admit I've been a bit spooked, my window faces the front of the I chuckle as I realize if anyone was stupid enough to try and enter through the window both dogs would alert me long before they touched the roof. Not to mention if they magically managed to get through the window they'd be faced with a nasty set of teeth

I've often had people ask me if I was worried that someone would break into my house through the dog door. Ummm... there's alot of scary looking dog on the other side of the dog door. Good luck with that. :p And if I leave the house with the dogs, the dog door is shut. And I have an alarm system. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts