German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is Heidi so obsessed with smelling where she's peed?

Every time we go out for a potty break, all she wants to do is stand and smell the spots where she's peed. Once she pees, then she wants to turn around and smell it right away. I almost have to drag her away from the spot.

Is there a way to get her to stop doing it? I've never had a dog do this before.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
No doubt several other dogs have peed since Heidi did and she is just "checking out" what evidence is there and how much she needs to saturate the area to show presence or ownership.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heidi is usually the only dog that goes in the area where I take her. It's not a quick sniff either. We're talking about an intense study of the area. I'll bet she could probably write a 16 page report with her findings.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Originally Posted By: Heidis MomHeidi is usually the only dog that goes in the area where I take her. It's not a quick sniff either. We're talking about an intense study of the area. I'll bet she could probably write a 16 page report with her findings.
Same situation here. Can't figure out why unless some strange critter invades our yard during the night.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I was expecting you to say "frisbees"
Gracie does it too - and it's our own yard where no other animal pees (unless she's had a playdate and then she will constantly pee in that spot - I guess she is covering the other dogs scent - it's always a male dog here to play - I'm finding she is much like her mother Aika who does not care too much for female dogs). If that paper gets published, I'd like to read it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts