German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Azra is now 38 weeks ,and she is doing great ( by the way we are from the uk ) we haven't had her weighed in a while I suppose she is around 20kg..we aren't to fussed about height and weight..we feed her royal canin german shepherd puppy food..give her plenty of exercise and love..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Azra is now 38 weeks ,and she is doing great ( by the way we are from the uk ) we haven't had her weighed in a while I suppose she is around 20kg..we aren't to fussed about height and weight..we feed her royal canin german shepherd puppy food..give her plenty of exercise and love..

She’s so pretty!! Here is Stella celebrating her first day out in the world after getting vaccinated. Her coat has a mixture of diver and white. What a cool combination right?

Sky Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
How is your pup doing? Loved this thread bc I related to it so much so I wanted to check in. Has your puppy been gaining weight? Stella was 8 pounds at 8 weeks and today she weighed in at 26 pounds at 14.5 weeks.
He’s doing quite well. I kinda came to terms with the fact that he was probably 4-5 weeks of age. (Kinda gives me a small peace of mind even if that’s not the case) I can’t see why the breeder would lie but oh well lesson learned. I have noticed a big improvement on his size. I haven’t weighed him recently but I think it’s safe to say he’s doubled in size during the 2 weeks I’ve had him. His face is beginning to mature and look more alive and like a GSD. I’m glad Stella did well! Sounds like she gained a lot of weight too! I’ll let you know how much he weighs in at during his next set of shots

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

She looks beautiful!

·
Registered
Jazmine Auf Der Marquis
694 Posts
The OP's pics do not look like a pure breed GSD to me.

Here's Jaz at 3 weeks

Here is 6 weeks

8 weeks

10 weeks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Yeah I noticed mine doesn’t have that fluffy look that most have but his parents were pure, I might have to order a DNA test now that you mention it. Here’s a pic from a few days ago after his nap. He refuses to use his bed 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Jazmine Auf Der Marquis
694 Posts
Yeah I noticed mine doesn’t have that fluffy look that most have but his parents were pure, I might have to order a DNA test now that you mention it. Here’s a pic from a few days ago after his nap. He refuses to use his bed 🤦‍♂️ View attachment 571077
Looks a lot more GSD like in that pic. Our other dog a rescue was listed as blue tick heeler. Did a DNA rest came back Beagle, lab, boxer, great pryenees, chow chow. So you never know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
!!update!!
Hey, so I’ve been super busy with life and all so I haven’t been able to keep this thread up to date but Mufasa is now either 6months and 19 days or 5 months and 19 days old. I last weighed him about 10 days ago and he was 50 pounds! I still consider him small for his age but not sure what others are weighing at this age. Things have been going okay. There are a few things that concern me like the fact that his ears are not standing yet -.- they will stand sometimes like after a nap but only for about 30 seconds or a minute, then they flop right back down-.- it’s pretty frustrating and I really want them to stand naturally without having to use anything on his ears. He still hasn’t finished teething so I’m not sure if that could be the cause but he read that most have standing ears by now but some take as long as 8 months either way I don’t feel like his ears are making much of an effort. The other thing is his lack of interest in chew toys and tug o war or any toy for that matter. Plus when he gets scared I’ve noticed that he pees himself …. Not the mighty GSD behavior I expected at all /: not sure if it’s just because of his age or if he’s going to be a natural coward :(

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you asked the breeder when the parents ears started standing? Ears can stand up at 8/9 months old. You could always use breathe right strips with eyelash glue on the ears, it’s very easy to do. I did it with Kai for one day and the one ear came up after a day of breathe right strips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Have you asked the breeder when the parents ears started standing? Ears can stand up at 8/9 months old. You could always use breathe right strips with eyelash glue on the ears, it’s very easy to do. I did it with Kai for one day and the one ear came up after a day of breathe right strips.
I haven’t asked but thanks for the advice I’ve been trying to be patient and let it happen naturally but I might end up using your technique in about a week or 2 because I don’t wanna miss the timeframe to be able to correct the ears

Bear - 9 month old male GSD & 5 cats - Benny (6), Nani (6), Kingston (6), Rigby (4) and Hazel (3)
314 Posts
!!update!!
Hey, so I’ve been super busy with life and all so I haven’t been able to keep this thread up to date but Mufasa is now either 6months and 19 days or 5 months and 19 days old. I last weighed him about 10 days ago and he was 50 pounds! I still consider him small for his age but not sure what others are weighing at this age. Things have been going okay. There are a few things that concern me like the fact that his ears are not standing yet -.- they will stand sometimes like after a nap but only for about 30 seconds or a minute, then they flop right back down-.- it’s pretty frustrating and I really want them to stand naturally without having to use anything on his ears. He still hasn’t finished teething so I’m not sure if that could be the cause but he read that most have standing ears by now but some take as long as 8 months either way I don’t feel like his ears are making much of an effort. The other thing is his lack of interest in chew toys and tug o war or any toy for that matter. Plus when he gets scared I’ve noticed that he pees himself …. Not the mighty GSD behavior I expected at all /: not sure if it’s just because of his age or if he’s going to be a natural coward :( View attachment 576431 View attachment 576432 View attachment 576441 View attachment 576442
He's still very young in terms of personality. Plus he was taken so young from his mom which may have had an impact. How is his personality otherwise? What are his positive traits? : ) He's a handsome fella!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay so before I found this website I spent numerous hours watching videos of GSD puppies, grow videos, training videos etc. Then I spent even more hours researching Pituitary Dwarfism then again looking at those dogs in videos. Then looking for ways to determine age and then I frankly landed here where other owners had similar concerns. So I got my GSD puppy on 03/05/2021, his birthdate supposedly is 01/15/2021. I say supposedly because I want to believe that he is really about 5-6 weeks old which would not be a good thing either but would give me a piece of mind due to his size. So long story short when I got him he was exactly 7 weeks old according to the birthdate I was provided with. I had him weighed that same day and he came in a a whopping 4.5 pounds! Which to my understanding is not an ideal weight at all not even for a female pup. My fella is a guy, a really small one at that. I feel that he is younger because of the way he acts, how he cries. How he runs with a little bounce and the way he looks obviously but I can’t find a reason as to why the breeder would be lying to me. I don’t think it was a rush to sell them that doesn’t make sense to me since they would still sell. I also counted his teeth but somehow I counted 25 I might’ve counted wrong though. So I have provided some pictures. The breeder told me to give him goat milk if I could get a hold of some. He also mentioned that the mom was not caring for the puppies properly. Whatever that means, he didn’t elaborate and the scary thing is that his other siblings are the same or even smaller. I was super excited to finally get a GSD and now I just feel disappointed. I wanted to take him back but I felt bad and the breeder said he would take responsibility if it turns out to be a genetic defect. Any input would help. I’ll provide some pictures. View attachment 570502 View attachment 570503 View attachment 570504 View attachment 570506 View attachment 570507 View attachment 570508

View attachment 570509
Okay so before I found this website I spent numerous hours watching videos of GSD puppies, grow videos, training videos etc. Then I spent even more hours researching Pituitary Dwarfism then again looking at those dogs in videos. Then looking for ways to determine age and then I frankly landed here where other owners had similar concerns. So I got my GSD puppy on 03/05/2021, his birthdate supposedly is 01/15/2021. I say supposedly because I want to believe that he is really about 5-6 weeks old which would not be a good thing either but would give me a piece of mind due to his size. So long story short when I got him he was exactly 7 weeks old according to the birthdate I was provided with. I had him weighed that same day and he came in a a whopping 4.5 pounds! Which to my understanding is not an ideal weight at all not even for a female pup. My fella is a guy, a really small one at that. I feel that he is younger because of the way he acts, how he cries. How he runs with a little bounce and the way he looks obviously but I can’t find a reason as to why the breeder would be lying to me. I don’t think it was a rush to sell them that doesn’t make sense to me since they would still sell. I also counted his teeth but somehow I counted 25 I might’ve counted wrong though. So I have provided some pictures. The breeder told me to give him goat milk if I could get a hold of some. He also mentioned that the mom was not caring for the puppies properly. Whatever that means, he didn’t elaborate and the scary thing is that his other siblings are the same or even smaller. I was super excited to finally get a GSD and now I just feel disappointed. I wanted to take him back but I felt bad and the breeder said he would take responsibility if it turns out to be a genetic defect. Any input would help. I’ll provide some pictures. View attachment 570502 View attachment 570503 View attachment 570504 View attachment 570506 View attachment 570507 View attachment 570508 View attachment 570509 View attachment 570510
Oh my he is so tiny , the first picture below is my boy at 8 weeks and second picture at 9 weeks 4 days .
Dog Cabinetry Carnivore Dog breed Fawn
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

41 - 56 of 56 Posts