German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been lurking here for a couple months and finally decided to make an introductory post. My wife and I just got our first puppy early this month (we've both had dogs before, just not as adults). His name is K2, and he is a handsome little 9.5 week old bi-color GSD. His sire is big, strong, and full of energy and his dam was the most even tempered female shepherd I've ever seen. I have high hopes for him. I like this forum and look forward to being a part of the community.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
What part of the world do you hail from?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
welcome, and we insist on seeing pictures!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:welcome: and :toasting: to you K2 and you wife

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! I look forward to seeing pictures of K2.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. We live in Nashville, TN, and here's a picture of K2. He was so tired from his walk, I couldn't get him to stand or sit for a picture, even with treat in hand:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome, he sure is a cutie! Tired puppies make happy owners :D

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Very cute puppy!!! Welcome to you guys!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Wow, he's a cutey.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum ! Beautiful pup ! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello and welcome to the board. Your pup is a cutie, however, he looks to me like a Blanket Black and Tan, not a Bi-color. Could be the picture.
Actually, I think you are right. I looked at another thread and a couple of websites and it looks like he has too much tan on his face/chest to be a bi-color. It may be to early to tell, though, because he still has the pencil toes and his black runs all the way down his heels. I read that these things don't stop changing until over a year of age and little K2 still has his puppy coat.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Thanks guys. We live in Nashville, TN, and here's a picture of K2. He was so tired from his walk, I couldn't get him to stand or sit for a picture, even with treat in hand:

How long was the walk? he shouldn't be that tired that he won't even stand for a treat...make sure you don't over exercise him. at 9 weeks his walks should only be 10 or 15 minutes each

1 - 20 of 22 Posts