German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did your dog ever start staying in his kennel during the rain? We enclosed our carport and made aN office. We have a pole barn that we set our dog bed up in with food and water. Our girl will not lie in it. She stays in the rain. I am very concerned.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Did your dog ever start staying in his kennel during the rain? We enclosed our carport and made aN office. We have a pole barn that we set our dog bed up in with food and water. Our girl will not lie in it. She stays in the rain. I am very concerned.

This is a very old thread. You would likely get more responses by starting a new thread about your issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sitting in the rain

My horses do the same and it’s the same reason people like to sit and watch/listen to the rain/makes animals/people lazy and sleep better when it’s raining=it’s *soothing/melancholy* and to some it’s Nature’s way of the animal staking quickie baths=that’s all it is so don’t worry about it:wink2:. As for the green eye run off? Depending on the time of the year yes it could be pollen (we get it with the horses a lot too)but only the vet could tell you for sure- you can take a sample in to your vet to have checked out first if you don’t want to waste money taking the dog in until you have the answer and the vet should have the answer for you.

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
If it is a nice warm / cool rain my dogs will stay out and enjoy it. I have a nice big screened in patio that I can give them access to. They'll chose the rain. After awhile I have to remove that choice because the back yard gets muddy.

I also have also worked in my garage and left the door open while it rained. Not only did the dogs not mind the rain but they pestered me to come out and play with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we have a 24'x24' dog kennel and half of it is covered with the dogs "dogloo" under cover. But the dog just sits out in the rain. I dont get it. She just gets soaking wet! Any idea why? Also on a side note I have noticed latley that she has green goup (sleep maybe)? Is that normal? I know that its a stupid question but thanks for looking.

Dustin
I have a German Shepard and he does the same thing for some reason, we have a big cage but he would rather sit or lay in the rain. As for the eye stuff it happened to my dog too but he’s taken all his shots and everything, i looked it up and apparently if you dog rolls around in dirt or dog a lot the green goop comes in there eyes, it’s a way of cleaning the eyes out. I also took him in for it and there was nothing wrong with him.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.