German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the fact that the weather's warming up but not looking forward to running into idiot dog owners.

This incident happen last year and the year before that and before anyone says anything this guy is not disabled. He has legs, i've seen him out running with his dog every morning so i know he's physically fine.

Almost had an incident with this dog and Josie. I was walking off leash with Josie out in the country dirt road. I see a van from distance, i quickly called her over and put her on the leash. I see this guy open his van door and lets out his lab!. The dog is running along the side of this guy's van!

it's the same person i've seen last year when i was taking my sheltie out for a walk. I would immediately pick up Casey because i wasn't sure if the Lab was aggressive or not, the tail went straight up in the air and was charging towards me. I gave the lab a firm "NO!" and he stopped in his tracks, the owner put the dog back in the van and he went off.

Well this time, i did not have Casey with me, i had Josie we were doing off leash training and when i saw him i put her back on her leash, the lab jumps out and i'm thinking " Oh just great!". There is no way i can pick up a 73 pound German Shepherd! LOL. The Lab spotted Josie and was running towards us i saw the nearest stick grabbed it and made a bunch of noise to the dog telling him "go" firmly. He backed up. When the owner drove by i ended up yelling at the guy

" is your leg broken?!!! you do this every year don't bother getting a dog if you're too lazy to walk it!"...All kinds of stuff was flying out of my mouth, we continued on walking.

I just can't stand it when people do that. I did call the county sheriff and made a complaint. Not sure if they can do anything about it since it is the country and there are loose dogs. Sucks that our fun have to be ruined though because i found a great area to take Josie where there isn't any distractions.

I guess i will never understand how people let their dogs run along the side of their car.

Ok i'm done ranting sorry :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
People are so stupid sometimes. Don't he realize how easy he could run over and kill his own dog. Your much nicer than me I would not be able to print what I would say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At least you have the option of calling the cops, when I take my Lizzie out day after day, the mayor's 2 golden retrievers come charging barking bristled up. When I called the police I was informed they are the mayor's dogs and there is nothing they can do, even though I have MS and Lizzie is a professionally trained service/mobility assistance dog.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I read this post yesterday and then last night found this article in our local newspaper... and I thought of the OP.

SFGate.com : Driver in doghouse after walking pet while in car

Driver in doghouse after walking pet while in car
Posted: 03/02/2010 6:24 PM

(03-02) 18:24 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --
An English dog-owner has been fined after taking his pet for a stroll while driving next to him in his car. Prosecutors said Paul Railton was spotted driving at low speed along a country lane in December, holding his dog's leash through the car window as the animal trotted alongside.

Railton pleaded guilty Monday to not being in proper control of a vehicle. His lawyer, Paul Donoghue, said 23-year-old Railton acknowledged "it was a silly thing to do and there was an element of laziness" while exercising his lurcher, a type of crossbred sighthound.

Railton was ordered by magistrates in Consett, northeast England, to pay a 66 pound ($100) fine, plus costs.
He also received three more penalty points on his license and is now barred from driving for six months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts