German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has the best bulldog I have ever met. I joke and say he is my boyfriend I am so in love with this dog. My dog cookie who normally is awesome when meeting other dog growled at the bulldog. The lab was being way more pushy and the bulldog was just sniffing.

It's the sounds bulldogs make. The grunting and snorting sounds kind of like a growl. My dog thought Charlie the bulldog was growling at her. So she growled back. After a little bit of walking around they were all perfect together. It was the first time cookie ever met a English bulldog. They are kind of little freaks.

One more thing this stocky little bulldog can hike. Don't ever under estimate a bulldog. The bulldog did better on the hike then the wimpy lab haha.

Has your dog ever met a bulldog before how did it act?

Here are some photos.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i don't think a dog should show aggression towards a Bull Dog
because of the noise it makes. there's a Bull dog that's
part of the play group that meets in the woods near where
i live and none of the dogs have a problem with her. sometimes
there's 25 dogs of various breeds running around.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
My dog met a bulldog and it was so rammy and wheezy. It would jump up wanting to play and BASH Chrono in the face with its enormous skull while making noises that sounded like growling. Even I wasn't sure if it was a growl or not. The sound of skull on jaw was disgusting, and I'm sure it was hurting Chrono, so we had to move away from the bulldog. It meant well, but Chrono didn't want to play with it for obvious reasons. Chrono kept looking back at me like, "UMMM I THINK THIS DOG IS BROKEN PLEASE MAKE IT GO AWAY MY FACE HURTS :<"

·
Registered
320 Posts
This is interesting. Along the same lines, I just saw the other day that the local PetSmart Doggie Day Camp does not accept bulldogs or any other breed which they classify as "bully breeds". I wasn't quite sure why, but apparently it has to do with some supposed inability to get along with other dogs well enough?? I'd never heard of that before.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't think a dog should show aggression towards a Bull Dog
because of the noise it makes. there's a Bull dog that's
part of the play group that meets in the woods near where
i live and none of the dogs have a problem with her. sometimes
there's 25 dogs of various breeds running around.
Well what is it then? Must have been something different. after the little growl i told her no. We walked around and everything was cool.

I really think it was my dog miss read the sound she heard. My friend the owner of the bulldog was the one that brought the grunting sound up. It made sense to me. Because once they were around each other a bit more. They were all really good together. No other issues but the first sniff.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Thank you for this thread. I saw this on FB the other day but didn't have any excuse to post it here until now. Pugs and Bulldogs are similar right? :laugh:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
My brother has two Bulldogs who fit that exact same description. They are quite active and love to go hiking and even swimming. He just has to be careful of this heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts