1,742 Posts
Savvy and upside down baby pools - confidence with noise and movement

Savvy and Sander wait their turn at 4H training

Savvy playing outside of 4H judging ring at the training club

Savvy and Whim playing outside of our set up at a big dog show

Savvy balancing

Savvy, Baby Belgian, Whimsy and Ziggy out for a walk

Savvy and a Big Blue Hippo

PierShep! Savvy on Jackson Street Pier in Sandusky (Cedar Point Amusement Park is in the far background):

Savvy's first time swimming

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
And a few more!

Savvy at the Flea Market

Savvy at family 4th of July Picnic

Savvy in a Box

Savvy at another 4H judging

Savvy playing with my friend's Mal puppy. Taken when I dropped him off to spend the week at their house.

Savvy Lure Coursing

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Here are some photos taken during 2008 Canada Day Celebrations that we took of Jesse at Burton Cummings concert and fireworks, he was a very good boy. A family (we have never met before) was sitting beside us and their young daughter kept aproaching Jesse to pet him and he would kiss her face and by the time the fireworks were going on she was lying on his back and cuddling him (no photo of that as was way too dark out and didn't want to get the crowd mad with a flash).

Yes I have made a lot of postings here because we take Jesse out all the time to new and different things - working on having a dog I can take anywhere and being bomb proof.

Nice job with your dog - but for the kids safety in the future I would have not let her approach like this. The girl - and her family - need to learn the risks . Do this to the wrong dog and there are many , the girl would not have a face left .

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 15 year old and 4 year laying with Indie. I don't know if them loving her is considered socialization At least it is developing a bond. She was laying with my 4 year old this morning she was kissing him and he was so gentle it was great. My husband and I are very happy with how is bonding with our kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Mina at 7 or 8 weeks at the beach in NC. Mina at the snow in CA just a picture of her at the park climbing on all the kid stuff (her favorite thing), and a couple pictures of her playing with her dog friends ( Sisters and parents dogs).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Various pictures of our pup being socialized. Nita is our daughter's 4-H dog.

Sabrina and Nita working on showmanship at their weekly training meeting, at their weekly beginning obedience class, at a rally workshop at a weekend 4-H dog retreat, Sabrina sharing some of her strawberries with Nita at the Strawberry Festival this past weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts

Here is Bandit a few days ago at 11 weeks, hanging out with the guinea pigs. Now whenever I call the guinea pigs name, he will stop what he's doing. he'll go lay next to the cage and watch them for a while. Usually until he falls asleep. I should get a video of that haha.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Socialization is also about exposing your dogs to the bigger world:

Helicopter Hangar:

Office environment:

Playground equipment:
These are cute. I was at the park with my dog and had no kids of my own with me. She decided that she didn't need our kids and went right on the playground equipment with the other kids:) She had a blast.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Link check/edit

·
Registered
130 Posts
These are older photos (as old as august anyways..)

first two is a camping trip to the UP of Michigan. Met lots of dogs, and went into real water (not a bath) for the first time. Also first LONG car/truck ride, and first time 'tied up'.. She did very well on all of it, minus the chewing of random things in the back seat of my truck lol

Next one is our small town dog/animal show. She took 'small dog' champion with my 4 year old (holding trophy) while wearing a pink tu-tu and a blue tu-tu the day before. This went very well. Was around various other breeds and temperaments of dogs, and even socialized with the two legged upright walking animals of my town. Everyone asked permission when wanting to pet her, and all admired her pink tu-tu

Attachments

81 - 99 of 99 Posts