German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
Re: I want photos of puppies being socialized.....

Here are a few:

·
2,967 Posts
Not a puppy, but some pretty bizarre socialization! :)

Well, if you want some bizarre, rarely seen people for socialization there's nothing like a Renaissance Festival. I know Ike is the old guy, and probably doesn't need as much socialization, but I wanted to check it out for the first time with a dog I knew was going to be Ok. We went and got a free pass to come back again...so I think next time we'll take the puppy.

Post Joust, meeting William, our hero! Man encased in metal.

Kisses for the sweaty stinky man...

Hanging out by the "War Horse Ride", what you can't see is the man with the turkey leg that Ike is much more interested in. :)

Hmm. Never seen one of those before.

Less than interested in the Maypole dancers.
Click this bar to view the full image.

Ike loved this lady with the claws. She gives really good scratches.

Guy dressed as a plant collecting for his "Hedge Fund". This was closest we got to trouble all day because Ike was pretty sure when he waved his hand around that it was some kind of toy. :D

Anyway, it was loads of fun, and neat for Ike. It's also open until the end of March, if anyone wants to make a trip. You have to fill out paperwork, sign a liability waiver, and bring proof of rabies and pay $10. They also do a brief temperament test after you get in the gate, where a costumed worker rather exhuberantly pets your dog. (Although I saw a couple people and I think Ike got a more thorough test because he was big and looked more dangerous). Still really cool event.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
His first time out! Uncle Bear's, bar and grill. :)

Ozzy playing fetch with two little boys at the park.

A little girl at Barktober fest.

GSDs at Barktober fest. :)

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I have quite the variety of pictures/breeds here... All under one year of age except for the few of Frag and the kitten at the end, he's a few months over a year there.

Beagles have to know how to fetch the mail.

Learning to fetch/swim in the lake (just a dragline, not being held, around other dogs)

GSD pup at the park meeting my beagle

Getting a bath

Learning to where a hat

Going for a car ride

At the memorial day parade

At the park, playing with puppies & GSDs

My graduation party; which bouncy house!

And with kitty

·
Registered
800 Posts
My Harley met the grandkids for the first time... He did very well, loved playing with them. He starts puppy classes on Thursday, I'll get photos of that.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No pics sorry. When Minka was a puppy we made weekly excursions to the State Capital during lunch hour. We saw everything imaginable - groups of kids, individual kids, skateboarders, construction of every kind, homeless folks, a lake with docks and rocking piers, heated grates covering deep pits with warm air blowing out, neat walls to walk on, benches to jump up on, sprinklers to play in, squirrels, other dogs on leash, bike riders and joggers, trains, buses, big trucks with loud air brakes, cranes and jack hammers, reflective glass buildings, etc. These excursions were all about socialization so I allowed her as much time as she needed to investigate and/or watch things. We only moved on when she wanted to move on. I pretty much let her pick her path of direction and pace; I was mainly their to keep her safe and give her positive feedback. Those excursions were fun and often exhausting. We met so many neat people who almost always asked if she was a black lab or a shepherd cross. Amazing how much her total black color threw people off. One guy was convinced that I had been ripped off because GSD are not totally black :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Oh I wish I'd brought the camera today! Saber met a duckling and it was sooo cute! (Farm store). Will try to remember to bring it next time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you!

This is great thank you!

With a new puppy (14 weeks, man time flies) we are scrambling to figure out different ways to socialize her!

Once a week we go for yogurt, sit outside the shop and let Dixie meet anyone & everyone. She's completely comfortable since she has her own bowl of vanillia! Besides this and weekly Petsmart trips we are lost as to different options!

Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is a video of my dog Koda playing with my new pup Hugo

Here is a video of both my dogs out with my chickens

And I have a few photos of him playing in the pool, playing with the sleeve, meeting our cat for the first time

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was just talking to our breeder and she often takes the pups to the airport! They're allowed in there, since dogs are always coming off planes, etc. Lots of people, bags, loud noises. Great for a pup to experience.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts