German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we get a knock at our door from the Health Department, who are looking for a black German Shepherd that attacked a young boy The nighbors had so kindly pointed this deputy to our house b/c we have a MOSTLY black German Shepherd (He has black and tan w/white). I understand why the neighbors sent them to our house, but they know us and they know our dog!

A couple of kids found a wandering GS and started to play ball with it. After awhile, the GS attacked a young kid and his back is all scratch up now. I feel bad for this young boy, however, had the parents educated the young boy NOT TO APPROACH STRANGE DOGS, then maybe it would have been a little different.

I am also a little mad at the owners of this dog! This is not the first time this GS has gotten out. He belongs to the junkyard behind our complex. He had entered into our yard one day, trying to go through the garbage, but Shane scared him off just in the nick of time because me and my mom were outside when we heard the ruckus, we came around the corner to see a black GS being chased off by Shane.

I am just so mad at
1. This young boy could have been spared the pain at the parents taught him not to approach strange dogs and
2. the owners of this dog, need to be punish for allowing their GS to wander off into ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT! If you can't keep track of your dog, then maybe you shouldn't have one!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
This sort of thing really irritates me, too. Not only is it bad for this kid and this dog... it's bad for ALL GSDs.

With all the breed-specific and 'vicious dog' legislation pending in various states, this is exactly what we don't need right now. I've already seen Dobies and Chows listed, so this is just great. It's lack of responsibility, like this, that's going to land the GS on the list, before long.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Yep and if there is barking going on guess who comes to my house? At 2 AM mine are asleep in the house!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
This annoys the **** out of me. I am doing everything I possibly can to change the world and minds about GSDs and showing Jesse being calm, friendly, well behaved, and completely being an under control dog.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
And your irresponsible neighbor is ruining it for everyone. How many good dogs does it take to nullify one bad dog incident? 100? 1000?

I do not know. But it is infuriating, and I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yup i hear ya, there is a black lab and some other dog (i cant tell what breed) that run around together. they can usually be spotted on the side of the highway digging there faces into road kill. i saw the black lab in my backyard that is also fenced in, he jumped the fence!! i scared him off with a 12 guage, needless to say, he hasnt been back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts