German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this week us Americans celebrate our holiday called Thanksgiving I thought it might be fun to share with each other why we're thankful for our GSDs (past or present).

Feel free to gush and brag and go on and on! :D

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I am so very thankful for my Sinister. :wub:

He is everything that I could have ever wanted, every single day I am amazed at how much I love him and how much he loves me. He is my best friend, my shadow, my protector, my companion, my family and my heart. Words cannot express the love that I have for him. I would do anything for him, I would protect him with my life. When I look into his eyes I see understanding, he loves me for who I am, he doesn't judge me, there is no one that he loves more than me. Sinister's presence (sp) makes me feel safe and comfortable and if I didn't have him there would have been no way that I could have lived in my house alone. I am still in awe today of his beauty, he will always be the most gorgeous dog I have ever seen. Sinister is my #1 priority.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
For me, living with GSD's is like watching an amazing sunset, catching the big wave, or having a butterfly land on your hand..... They're all gone too soon, but you're forever grateful for the experience.
:wub:

·
Registered
626 Posts
They have been family, companions, best friends, protectors, teachers and students in my families life for the past thirty something years. I can't imagine not coming home to a big pair of bright, shiny, brown eyes and wagging tail ! For this we are truly thankful !

Someone once said, Money can buy a dog, only Love can make it's tail wag !

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
With all the walking, jogging, up and downs, in and outs I should thank her for the exercise.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nash man makes me laugh every day, for that I am thankful.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
They have all taught me so much more than I ever taught them, continue to amaze me, teach me, and keep me sane, for which I am thankful:)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
With each GSD I have learned something new and taken a different look on life. Max is my pride and joy, I love him to pieces. He sometimes is a challenge but he always makes me laugh. I will never own another breed after having GSD's, my heart has been stolen.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Panzer has given me the best fall ever. It was a perfect autumn in Michigan this year and I would have missed the outdoor time if it weren't for my boy. He makes me proud and is the best companion a girl could ask for. :wub:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Zoe is compassionate, loyal, loving, brave, obedient, funny, goofy, my best friend, and favorite teacher. She instills patience in me and my family and never ceases to keep us on our toes and enamored with her personality and love:)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I'm thankful for Zena because she was my best friend after my cat had to be put to sleep. She was my protector and helping paw with my kids. I had no fear being home alone with the kids while hubby worked overnight because she was around. I'm thankful for Shasta because she is just a great little puppy and i cant wait to see the adult she turns into.

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Why am I thankful for my GSDs?

They bring Joy to my life.

They are ALWAYS happy to see me.

They keep me on my toes.

They get me to obedience classes, even if they haven't been able to do a thing with me.

They make me proud.

I feel safer with them.

The house is a home with them, and instead of being empty and alone, it is full of their varied personalities.

The do not demand turkey and seventeen different sides for thankgiving dinner.

·
Registered
929 Posts
im thankfull that shilo is there to always put a smile on my face threw the toughest times, shes my best friend and she knows me as well as i know my self

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I am thankful because my GSD is a dog my wife can love. Previous 2 dogs were all mine by their choice and hers (not mine). This dog has taught my wife that she can love a dog.... and a dog can love her.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I love waking up to Brody being in such a good mood every morning as opposed to us humans :) I'm thankful that he is so smart, loving, and handsome. I love working with him everyday and thankful that I can teach him new stuff and not ever get frustrated with him while training. And to top it off, they are such goofballs, they make me laugh everyday!!

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I am thankful for my dogs for the joy they bring-every day.

Judy, I couldn't say it any better. :) When my husband died they gave me a reason to get up every morning. They have kept me going through tough times and bring more joy to my life than I can ever repay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am thankful for many generations of GS that I have had since I was a baby.

Each GS has brought light, fun, friendship, loyalty, challenges, rewards, and love to my family and my life, each in a different way.

One was very special though: thanks to him, I am alive today. Thanks to him I wasn't on the 81st floor of the world trade center on Sept 11. He is in my heart forever. I still have tears when I think of him. He was a real gem, that one dog where the connection was surreal, more intense than with any other dog. Kind of like a soulmate dog in some weird ways.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts