German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sweet girl is 17 months. She is mostly well mannered and such a sweet baby. With the warmer weather, she loves her time outside. She plays good and then loves to come back inside. Here’s the issue…. She either wants to be outside or she wants to be on my bed, WITH ME IN IT WITH HER! *She doesn’t sleep in our bed, she is crate trained. I occasionally let her up on my bed and fortunately, she isn’t possessive.
She doesn’t care to relax or even play indoors. It’s just time on my bed WITH me or outside. No other options. And when she is on my bed, she is at the foot of it away from me. 🤷🏼‍♀️This just started two weeks ago. If I was lazy or didn’t have a life, it would be a breeze, but I’m active and am the CFO of our business.
why does she do this…. And how to encourage indoor play?
(yes, I do spend time doing nose work and training her. She has TONS of toys that I rotate and I try to include her on my daily routine. But, she always “herds” me to the bedroom.)🙄

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also… just interested in the “why” she is only content outside or with me on the bed. She was once content ANYWHERE with me.
Maybe the bed smells nice. You could test this theory by taking the top blanket, the one she usually lays on, off the bed and putting it somewhere else. Then wash all the sheets left on the bed. See if she goes for the clean bed or the smelly blanket off the bed.

·
Registered
Jazmine Auf Der Marquis, Reacher Auf Der Marquis
1,596 Posts
Just spit balling here, could your daily life have gotten more stressful for you? Maybe she picks up on your emotional state or subtle body language changes and thinks you need to be in bed to be happy and relaxed?

Or has the amount of truly focused, Happy, 1:1 time when away from the bedroom changed?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Get a place (elevated bed) teach place. If she paces and is restless it's a waste of her energy. If that energy is held while in place when its time to play you, train with or engage with you, you will see increased engagement and energy/intensity increase in the interaction. That is my personal experience. Just really make the time she gets count physically and mentally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts