German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His mom (a sable german shepherd) lives in a wercking yard. Her owner said that her neighbours german shepherd, chocolate lab or both jumped the fence and got her pregnant. Out of the 8 puppies 6 were chocolate brown so I assumed my puppy and the other one were fathered by a chocolate lab as well until I looked at the pictures again. He kind of looks like the dog behind his mother. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
yep he looks like his momma:)

Very cute, but mom looks so sad:(

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
A female can be impregnated by two sires, and if both the Lab and GSD mated with her, the same litter can have GSD/Lab cross puppies or pure-bred pups.

Your pup looks like he could be pure-bred. One way to find out is to DNA test the males, and DNA test your pup. Breeders could let you know how you go about it. This is not the same as the DNA tests you can order to find out what breeds your mixed breed dog is - those tests are highly inaccurate and pretty useless.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
He looks like my Knuckles LOL
I say he's purebred just going by that. My pups mom looked like the one behind the mom in your picture! (his father is a WGSD) Sables are interesting to say the least!

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts

He's beautiful! Take lot's of photos so we can watch him grow!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
He looks like Knuckles younger brother. If there is lab in your lil guy its not showing.
PS the pic w/ him curled up on the bed , very sweet!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
He looks like Knuckles younger brother.
He's got the one flop ear and everything! I just keep staring at him thinking "what the heck?"... I even had my daughter come see the pics and I said "look! They stole our dog!".

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
I would say the Shepherd is his dad. He looks nothing like a GSD/Lab cross. :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
IF it's a lab cross it's an invisible lab cross. He definitely looks purebred GSD. Kudos to the original owner for being up front & honest about it.

·
Premium Member
11,174 Posts
the ear will come up....he looks like he was sired by a GSD...as someone said, a female can have pups by 2 different males...

Hope they will now spay momma so she is safe instead of being out there for any passing male to have his way with....

Lee

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks all GSD to me as well. I see NOTHING of lab in him at all so it looks like you got lucky in an unlucky situation. Kudos to the females owner for being honest about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts