German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have to admire her misdirected 'work ethic'. A thorough job done, with enjoyment! Her 'magnum opus'.

It reminds me of an epic crayon drawing done by my young ones on their bedroom wall, when I was quite sick, doing bed rest. We were renting the house, otherwise I'd have been tempted to frame the artwork, not paint over it.

·
Registered
13,124 Posts
bchevs' and sonny's dogs look in an opposite emotional state, depending on the owner's reaction I think. Sonny's dog looks open and not defeated compared to Bchevs'. If you find your pup like that, hit yourself on the head to have trusted him way too early.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If I had better luck with older dog rescues, compared to raising any dog starting at the puppy stage... I would probably never own a puppy again. Such tiring, fun, and irritating work.

Had an incident this morning where Hudson finished off the bathroom mat. I forgot to close that door, and in one minute... Green fibers everywhere. I did not take any pictures before cleaning the mess up. In Hudson's defense, he had already chewed the mat up pretty badly, and it was in need or replacing. I was simply waiting for him to get past the chewing stage before buying a new one. A failed goal.

To this day I don't know what motivates some puppies to do what they do. Hudson really hated that mat and couple of other mats too... Other ones he ignores.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bchevs' and sonny's dogs look in an opposite emotional state, depending on the owner's reaction I think. Sonny's dog looks open and not defeated compared to Bchevs'. If you find your pup like that, hit yourself on the head to have trusted him way too early.
Yes she looks upset. With the amount of foam I honestly thought my couch was a goner. My "OMG wtf did you do Nova?!?!" When I first walked in, plus then how dare I send her to her (only remaining) mat, she knew I was very upset. A couple minutes later she was wiggling and kissing me as I cleaned up her mess. She's very happy, very loved and also very expressive, one photo does not tell the story.

I'm just sharing the funny side of raising a puppy, let's keep it light please.

Here she is while I cleaned a couple minutes later - I had to put her in a stay so she wouldn't keep wiggling at me and spreading the foam all around.
Dog Wood Dog breed Carnivore Flooring

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have to admire her misdirected 'work ethic'. A thorough job done, with enjoyment! Her 'magnum opus'.

It reminds me of an epic crayon drawing done by my young ones on their bedroom wall, when I was quite sick, doing bed rest. We were renting the house, otherwise I'd have been tempted to frame the artwork, not paint over it.
She certainly worked hard! She must have shook the bed all around, I found foam even inside my little shelving unit hahaha

To this day I don't know what motivates some puppies to do what they do. Hudson really hated that mat and couple of other mats too... Other ones he ignores.
This is the second mat she's destroyed. I can't even give her a blanket in her crate if I'm gone for a long period, something about beds she just wants to rip them. This is the first time she's done it when she wasn't crated though. She's been doing so great outside of the crate I thought it was almost time to get rid of it. I think I'm going to rethink that now lmao

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hahaha…my boy wasn’t too bad

View attachment 588814
Ole is almost three and we still keep the toilet paper on top of the counter instead of in the holder. If he bumps the holder when he is checking out what you are up to you can see his eye and ears light up with flashbacks of what fun he can have with a roll of toilet paper :) Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
621 Posts
This reminds me of my cat… one day she decided the roll of paper towels was public enemy #1. I woke up to see the entire floor covered in shredded paper towels.
Fern on the other hand. She took 1 paper towel out of the bathroom trash can and placed it in the hallway. It was ripped in half. A sad attempt at being “destructive”.Gotta love this dog! I’m not looking forward to the puppy I’m probably getting in 2 years.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Oh my goodness!! The look of shame
Zeppelin wasn’t destructive as a puppy, luckily 🤣 however since introducing Athena into our household she has shown him some “tricks”…. Like ripping up a piece of paper together in the night at the cottage last summer 🙄 the rebels!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts