German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wrong!!!!

The following are pictures i've taken over the last couple of years of my dogs with my kids as my kids have grown. the pictures are not in order of date as i put them in but you get the idea. THESE are what i would consider excellent examples of why i love German Shepherds so much. Feel free to add your own!!! We'll make it an album of good examples.

These two pictures i never would have taken or allowed my kids in them if i thought for one millisecond they would get hurt so please nobody go off. I trust my dogs. My dogs are great with kids as you can tell from all these pictures.

My kids dont know what its like to live without a GSD in the house. I doubt there will ever be a time i wont have a GSD in my home.

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
I LOVE the third photo with that big ol' sleepy head resting on the baby. :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Love 'em!

Obviously there are a few that would be controversal as to letting kids do, but it seems like you were supervising well and the dogs indulged in the same behaviors; kids crawling all over dogs- dogs laying on kids!

You know your dogs best, and I would do the same thing if I felt the same, no judgement!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
honestly if i didnt trust my dogs and know them and how they behave, there is a great deal that would never have been allowed. Zena, my heart dog, is one of the most kid friendly dogs i have EVER encountered in my life. She's such a gentle dog.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww!!!! So precious!:wub: Make a photo album!!

i've actually considered making a video slideshow and posting it on youtube kinda like a ton of people did when pit bulls were hit so hard. I've had far too many people tell me my dogs shouldnt ever be around kids because they're meant ONLY for police work and considered dangerous. I dont know how much good it would do but still. I think it would be nice to have a video out there representing GSDs and how good they are.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bo doesn't seem to like children. In the 5 months I have had him he has barked and growled at every kid he has seen (I don't blame him, I don't care for children either)! I do wish he was a little more tolerant i only for creating a good image. :( Its hard to socialize a dog if you are afraid hes gonna eat the kids!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Love them!! You should do a youtube that would be so great.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Who ever said kids and GSD's don't mix ??? That's just silly !
Both of my kids learned to walk by crawling up to my animals grabbing two little hand fulls of fur and hobbling along with the dog step by careful step ! When we would take them to the lake as toddlers our GSD would herd them away from the water when he thought they were too close for his comfort. They're natural nannies in my mind !!! :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
AWWW beautiful pictures!

·
Registered
318 Posts
just precious !!!! ur dogs and babies are too cute. u should make the album so i can,'' in ur face!'' people who call gsds dangerous, aggr, and not fit to be around children. i wish i had some pics like these , but my babies are teens so it wudn't quite cut it. if i was my mia i wud have bitten my son myself, for all the untimely hugs he gives and how he laughs at her. love ur dogs!:hug:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Adorable!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts