German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received late breaking news that Kelly the wonder dog escaped from her crate early this morning. Kelly age 8 mos. pulled the gate inward and shimmied past to sky jump a baby gate to wind up upstairs licking my daughters face who's a day-sleeper. :laugh: Mom vows to halt a repeat performance. ;)

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's just funny stuff right there now !!! :wild:

·
Registered
173 Posts
My Zoe is a little houdini as well...we are testing out her new heavy duty escape proof crate today for the first time. This is our THIRD crate. Gotta love the little master minds...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 2 piece plastic crate. This one's probably way past due for retirement.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a container of 400 heavy duty zip ties :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
News Update - Kelly 2 /Mom zip

New Crate - Check
Industrial Size Heavy Duty Zips - Check
100 lb. Kettle Ball - er, well mebbe not yet....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I stopped by Petco and picked up a new crate for Kelly. It was the 900 series, with the hammered finish. I was impressed with myself thinking we've got this figured out.

I hopped the ferry homeward bound and upon arriving there, began un-boxing the thing. Bringing it in, the wife fed me the instructions, play by play until we had the thing set up. Kelly came in to give it the sniff test, appeared to scoff at the thing and wandered off.

We lugged it into the den, lugging the old tired job out the back door. Then I backed up the snap points with black zip ties. While doing so, Kelly comes over and gets inside. Looking at me, she then laid down, muzzle on her paws and nodded off to sleep.

WTH??

There she slept for the better part of the evening. My daughter is convinced she used the whole thing as a ruse to get an upgrade for living quarters.

****, I feel so manipulated.

Guess where she is now?

Females... sheesh.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
:spittingcoffee::rofl: i agree with the living quaters upgrade but we too have an escape artist. She's got seperation anxiety and we have to take drastic measures to keep her contained. Still looking for an affordable escape proof metal kennel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts