German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
The dogs. The last time I went to the doctor was alst summer because I had a suspected heart murmur, had to be checked for Diabetes(runs on both side of the family) and thyroid problems(also runs on both sides, my grandma is the closest one that has a T. problem) One of my dogs goes at-least two-four times a year.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Animals, they have yearly checkups while I usually only go if I'm deathly ill

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I go to the doctor more often but I have a chronic condition. Dogs go once a year unless they need to.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dogs. The last time I went to the doctor was alst summer because I had a suspected heart murmur, had to be checked for Diabetes(runs on both side of the family) and thyroid problems(also runs on both sides, my grandma is the closest one that has a T. problem) One of my dogs goes at-least two-four times a year.
Keep getting the thyroid tests as I'm sure you know, they are notoriously unreliable. Unless, you were diagnosed or have no symptoms. :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
HA! Definately the dogs. Actually it should be one time a year for all of us but for some reason it seems I frequent the vets office a lot more than that. Mostly bloodwork to check drug, liver levels, tick borne issues and heartworm tests. I try to break it up so I don't get hit with a big bill.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
My dog goes more often, he goes to the Vet probably twice a year.

My cats haven't been to the vet in years. They are fat, healthy and happy. :)

I went to the Doctor once this year and once last year, before that it was 4 years since I saw a Doctor.

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Dogs. They go when they cry. I go when I'm laying on the floor in pain and DH makes me go.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Used to be the dog, but now it's me, I have a chronic iillness also.

But if it had to be me or the dog, unless I was dying it would be the dog :)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
By far Sasha (but then again we are dealing with health issues with her). If she even looks odd we go to the vet. Then again, she can't tell me what's wrong, so better safe than sorry. If she could say, "No Mom, I'm really fine. I just got into the trash when you weren't looking and now my tummy hurts. Don't worry though, I didn't eat anything poisonous." Then it might be a different story.

I only go if I am really really really sick. I have a high pain tolerance, and rarely do I let being sick stop me from doing what I need to get done. When it gets to the point where I can't hardly get out of bed; then I go.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I can be on deaths doorstep and my SO has to beg me to go see a doctor.

My dogs whimper and they are rushed to the vets.

·
Registered
646 Posts
well after reading this..i dont know if im lucky or unlucky...i go WAY more than my dogs..ive been lucky that my 9 year old only goes once a year...and the puppy for routine stuff too...but seems like im always at a drs office for myself or kids

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Definitely the dogs. If I even suspect they have something going on or they are going in for routine stuff. Me, if I'm laying on the floor screaming in pain maybe. ( I stole that from another post but it's true.) :p

·
Registered
996 Posts
Dogs. They go when they cry. I go when I'm laying on the floor in pain and DH makes me go.
HAHA this is exactly how my house works too:laugh:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I didn't know that about the thyroid thing. My doc. Didn't tell me. I am showing some signs so that is why he had me checked, plus with it running on both sides.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts