German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i really need to know the answer to this. who among you believes in ghosts? i had just been writing a letter to my mom in laws brother about issues that arose within his family unit and needed his input but also because he had asked me more about how sick his sister had been and why she did not want him to go to her funeral last October. i was explaining this too him in a letter while trying to remain unbiased and nice about it. He is sick himself and i guess he is looking for closure into why his relationship with hes sister had been so bad.

i was right in the middle of trying to explain this all to him and not hurt his feelings when something happened here in the office that scared the heck out of my daughter, bearla, her sister and i.

there was a vacuum in the corner of the room and i was reading the letter or what i had of it up to that point to my daughter to see whether i was being nice enough and the vacuum suddenly turned on without aide. do you think this was my mom in law voicing her opinion or a fluke accident'
no one was near it at the time it turned on

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I do ... I used to see them when I was a child.

And I remember every one of those incidences.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I definitely believe in ghosts. My mom grew up in a converted pub in rural England that was home to a few spirits - she can relive one particular experience to this day and it still gives her chills! I also posted on here a few months ago about the things that occur ocassionally in my house I am in now. Luckily it is not anything too freaky! But I definitely believe they are out there and that some people will be more open to "receiving" and "seeing" them than others.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I wish I didn't...but I do...but only because my father-in-law paid a visit to our house about two weeks after he passed on

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have often seen my father in law but this thing with the vacuum really did me in today. i ahve always believed in ghosts and what got me today is that it was like my mom in law was trying to get my attention and tell me not to sugar coat it.

Just after i made that post it turned on again and a picture right beside her urn fell off the shelf. i could almost hear her saying, 'Joahanna, (she was dutch) dont be sugar coating it, give my brother a peice of your s and my mind!"

My father in law died a few years before mom and when she passed i could see him standing there saying 'oh god now, there goes the quiet," He was from germany and he use to often say that Mom could make the worst vilen in the world confess to their sins, and that he would rather be in the alps of germany that deal with her when she got angry. lol i had to agree

·
Registered
824 Posts
me too! They exist. Seen them. Gets a little hair raising but for the most part they are like echos of people lives. Haven't seen one in a long time, but I now make a habit of cleansing and blessing places I move into. Never hurts!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I won't say I've seen ghosts, but I did get come communication from a young girl who had died in an automobile accident. She was 18 and we were second cousins by marriage. She felt more like a niece because of the age difference. I always did her hair, which was very beautiful and she was so proud of it, and her parents asked me if I would go to the funeral home to do it for the last time, and check things over to make sure Brooke would be satisfied. I did her hair like we always did, and painted her nails, (she had on polish but it was chipped), plucked a few stray eyebrows, and then put on "her" perfume. I got through all of this just fine, sad but not crying. On my way back to work at my salon, I began to wish that I had taken the rest of the day off, and mentally had a war with myself, saying on the one hand it would be nice to stay home for the rest of the day, and then reasoning that it wouldn't be doing anyone any good and I might as well go to work. I felt that someone was trying to tell me something. I pulled over and sat there for a few minutes, and it was Brooke, telling me she was so sorry. Not like she was sorry she had died, but sorry that it had been hard on me, sorry that I had to work on her body that way and help the undertaker put her into the casket. I finally just cried and said out loud to her, don't worry honey I'll be fine, everything will be alright, and then she thanked me. I've never heard from her since. So, do I think it is your mother in law, turning on the vacume and knocking down pictures-YES

·
Registered
979 Posts
I believe in ghosts and angels. There are signs all around us if we want to read them.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it just freaks me out when she or other spirits do things like that but dont show themselves. i have been seeing spirits since i was young, but they always looked real, looked solid to me, but when they dont materialize and do the type of things that i witnessed today it unnerves me abit. mom was always a demanding woman in life and it appears that she is going to be even now.

funny thing is, this did not happen in the house she use to live in, it happened in the house i use to live in but moved my daughter and grandbaby etc into after mom died. the other house is larger so it made more sense. If she wants us to know she is around her at her home where i live, then she definetly makes it obvious when she is mad. Things will fall over or teh phone will keep ringing or we get static on the tV and you can hear someone talking. the static interupts the movie or show we are watching. that is ok, but things dropping and crashing to the ground right behind me or vacuums suddenly turning on or microwaves setting off thier times, just gies me chills

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I believe! And now my DH does too.... now that he's seen her!

We have a spirit in the house....

Not a scary 'boo' kind of spirit, she's just.... here....

My DH thought I was nuts at the start, but he's seen her too....

The dogs also seem to see her, and will sit quietly, whine,
and **** their heads from side to side as if they're listening to someone...

I wonder what they are actually hearing/sensing?

I hope she keeps the puppers company when we're at work...

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
At the expense of sounding even loonier on this forum than usual...
I have always felt energies and what I call "leftovers" remaining in rooms where events, emotional situations, etc have happened, even long in the past sometimes. The feelings bring brief images/impressions.. and sometimes these 'reviews' emmanate from objects and not just a room per se.

Funny story, but TRUE: My sister has a
TOILET GHOST.
She lives in an historic home in Massachusetts. It was built in the 1700s, another part of the home was built in 1800s. The house has been a firestation sleeping and living quarters, a blacksmith shop, and a private home. Many evenings at about 5pm, there comes a terrifying, shocking wave of stench (exactly, precisely as if someone had used the loo) that billows forth in an overwhelming, choking miasma from a place in the home where there has once been a sort of indoor outhouse area. The town, the county, and several agencies have been out to check leaks, gas, lines, environmental causes, etc etc-- and never a cause. She has been alone in the house, heard cuboards open (creeeak) in the former toilet area, and she from the livingroom very sternly demanded "CLOSE THAT ***RIGHT*** NOW!!".. and heard it creeeeak back closed with a soft click. Our guess with The Toilet Ghost is that he was a guy coming home from work every evening to first, uh, use the facilities.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I believe in ghosts. My neice who is austic has seen them several times. She has describe the ghosts she sees to my sister and my mom and the two men are my father (he died in 1985) and my grandpa (never met him in my life.) Funny thing is, my neice never met either one and when my father passed way my mom lived in IL. They currently live in TN.

I know when my mom was still in IL she had problems with this specific pair of earrings. It was the very first pair of gold earrings my dad bought for her. There were several times she went to wear them and there was only one there. Shortly after the second on would appear.

My mom has also seen ghosts of her father in a house we lived in a long long time ago. But my mom and dad bought that house from my grandparents.

Berla, what do you think would happen if you unplugged the vaccum? Think it would still come on?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The day my Grandmother was buried I saw a wolf just sitting on the ice in the middle of the lake........directly across from the house
her mother grew up in and she loved. She always said she felt more at peace there and felt the presence of her family. I often did myself and felt that same peace so I always believed her. I often spoke to them. That wolf just sat there, middle of the day out in the open. Then he started playing and left. I always felt there was a connection of sorts .........like GM was saying don't worry, now I am strong and happy.

There is a spirit in my house and something happened on the stairs.
I feel it and sometimes I have stumbled for no reason on the stairs.
My room is colder then the rest, for no apparent reason I will feel a chill pass across the bed and then it is gone.

My sons friend who believes in spirits told my son he "felt" someone watching him. From the stairs and this was before my son and I spoke about it.

They want to bring in a ouji board - but I said no. Let the spirits be - if they want to make themselves known they will.

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
well, since you brought it up...
my dad died at home. a few days prior to his passing, we got him a hospital bed and set it up in the living room, up against the wall where the sofa usually was. earlier that day, he lost control of his bodily functions, and, well, it smelled pretty bad.
for many years, i would come down the steps and just get a whiff of that smell.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Originally Posted By: DSuddBerla, what do you think would happen if you unplugged the vaccum? Think it would still come on?
*shiver* That would be a GOOD way to test for a presense!!! O_O Eep!

I saw my dead grandfather whom I have never met in real life. He died when my mother was just 12 years old. I described him to my mother, and she said her hands turned cold.

I also used to have visits from my grandmother my first few years in the US, and it always falls on the day the Gates of **** opens. It's a Chinese thing, too complicated to explain. But the date is different every year due to the Lunar Calender, and I have no idea when it begins since I live so far from home. I would call up my mom, and say, "Hey, guess who visited me? ... .. " and my mother would always tear up and reply "Oh it's Cheng Meng."

There were several others as well. I used to see a man in orange shirt under a tree when we used to play soccer as kids. He would appear at dusk, just as the street lamps turned on. No one would see him, and I would get so mad thinking my friends were messing with me.

I don't know if this is being psychic, or going crazy. I see things happen before my eyes, and feel it while awake ... kinda like being in a movie. I foresaw my car accident a few days before it happened, while listening to Tiesto. Totally felt everything, from the cold fear in my heart, to my hands going numb from dread to visualizing the impact. My car was hit while listening to that track.

Ouch.

I sometimes would mention out loud my strange awake dreams if a friend happens to be next to me. The incident would occur usually within a couple of days. But it's usually very bad things, so I was labelled a jinx by a few acquaintances. I haven't had one in over two years.

~ Rei

·
Registered
763 Posts
I do believe in spirits (angels and demons), but I don’t believe in the ghosts of people that passed away running around the earth anymore. I use to think they were people and saw all kinds of things in years past. Then I found a deep faith in God and all of the ‘spirits’ started getting really nasty right after that happened. They were imposters and I sent them all packing.
I don’t put up with that kind of harassment anymore.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
A family friend has heard a child calling, when her own kids were not home. She has a 4 year old daughter who brought up that she has a "ghosty friend" who "sometimes lives here with us."

One day, the daughter was coloring a picture at the table. The Mom felt a chill. The daughter said "My ghostie friend is here," and continued to color. The Mom then asked "What is your ghostie friend doing now, honey?" Her 4 year old daughter looked up from her coloring towards her left, and then went back coloring, saying "Looking at you."

I would think most 4 year olds would spin a wonderful fantastic tale about "She's riding on a purple and gold unicorn in the kitchen!" or imagin solidarity, "She's coloring, just like me." I would not expect such a ho-hum answer that sounds so matter-of-fact.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts