German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 yr old Golden has been on Candiae All stages for about 6 months. Doing fine & he is healthy.
This morning his stool was white. He just went again for his afternoon poop & it was white then the last fews bits were brown.
Never seen this before, he was not given any special treats or anything in addition to his normal 2 cups of dry food.
Anyone have any ideas or anyone run across this "White" poop?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Hmmm....
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
This is interesting. I look forward to what others have to say.

·
Registered
989 Posts
is the poop otherwise normal? I remember someone saying that white poop could be a sign of an intestinal infection.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
I googled a little and saw that there are different things it can mean depending on the color of the urine. I'd bring in a sample of that, maybe some urine (or have them tap for it) and do senior bloodwork if it hasn't been done in the past six months. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I associate white stool with liver/bile problems.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
White poop can happen with a raw-fed dog, but with a kibble fed dog, I would take him to the vet. Unless you have found a good reason for the poop being white (like an overturned trashcan), I'd just let the vet do some blood work, to make sure there are no nasty things happening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts