German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the working line pup I'm thinking of getting. First of all, do you think her appearance is faulty? Secondly, how much of the white do you think will fade? It's really worrying me!:help:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Won't fade, probably grow... Why do you care?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I really don't. I just haven't encountered it much and was wondering if it would matter in schutzhund?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She looked like this earlier on in her life and is the pick of the litter.

Attachments

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
It won't matter for anything. While large spots are disfavored under the standard, they aren't a serious fault. While a lot of people don't like them, other people do, and it's no matter either way for SchH or anything else.

They also don't tend to get larger once they sort of set themselves as the adult coat comes in, and may get a bit smaller.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think she's purebred?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
this is a nice looking pup !

the white will probably stay the same , so appear smaller as her body grows.
no big deal .
love the focused attention --

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope I'm able to get her, but I sadly probably won't be able to... I wish I could because I really LOVE her.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
von Gunbil had working line imports and she was one of them. So, yes to my knowledge.

·
Registered
76 Posts
She looks amazing. Faulty or not I doubt her color would keep her from being an amazing dog and companion. Faulty colored dogs can do a plethora of things. Unless you want to go into a glamour-shots aesthetics focused type show ring, that spot is the last thing you need to worry about. I hope you can get her! I think it gives her great personality!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking I would try and negotiate with the breeder because she is worth way to much, :/

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, she is worth $4,500 and I just don't have nearly that much to spend right now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
White chest blazes, toes, and tail tips are common in the GSD breed and the vast majority of these white spots fade as the dog grows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts