German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I noticed this little white spot on the side of Leya's nose. Didn't think too much of it, perhaps her mask is starting to change colour. Today, I noticed that the spot is much more noticeable. I did some research on the internet, and in my mind, everything points to ringworm.

The attached pictures aren't that great as they are from my cell phone. I will have her checked out at the vet on Monday of course, but in the meantime, has anyone seen this before? Could my girl have ringworm or is this just a white spot? :eek: :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Riley had a spot like that when he was younger. We never determined what it was because it went away. He used to rub his snout on things a lot when he was younger.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
It's hard to tell with those pictures, but ringworm is usually carried by cats. Has he been in any contact with cats lately?

And you probably know this already, but ringworm isn't actually a worm--it's a fungus.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
It could be demodex. Only way you'll know though is to go the vet and have a skin scraping and/or have them use that light that shows ringworm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My dog had a spot like this and it was a scrape that turned to fungus and she was not around cats. The vet did skin scrape and gave cream to put on it. It went away and hair grew back.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
could be a local spot of itchy demodex (mange) or something fungal in nature and the dog is scraping at it with his dewclaw .

Defendex VETiONX Defendex - Fleas, Mange and Scabies Symptom Relief Treatment Shampoo is one of those things that is good to keep on hand .

If it is fungal then Selsun Blue fortified , or Nizoral , or Mane n Tail PROTECT or Usnea or the all purpose
VETERICYN (another product I would have on hand) will take care of fungal problems . Here you go Vetericyn - Wound and Infection Treatment - Broad Spectrum Antimicrobial

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much for your help and pointing me in the right direction. I am going to order the product suggested and give it a whirl. Have a great day. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts