German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a white german shepherd. I'd like to know if anyone knows of a breeder located in Louisiana, also I'd like to know if $1200 is an adequate price or if I should search for a better deal. (I am not interested in any comments that do not directly address my issue.) Thanks, Cobra

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just posted something about finding breeders around Louisiana BC I haven't found any either.. I would suggest looking for breeders outside of Louisiana like Texas for example

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
$1200 i would say is a decent price for a good dog from titled parents with health testing having been done on the parents prior to breeding. Anywhere from $1000-$1600 i would count as a decent price. Unfortunately you'll probably have to widen your search for a pure white breeder.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Minter german Shepherds are now breeding the Snowcloud line of white German Shepherds.
Wow, those are big dogs!

The White German Shepherds of Snowcloud Kennel are snow-white with black nose, dark eyes, lips, and some have black nails. They grow to be exceptionally large. I have had the honor of owning several. The males usually mature from 29" up in height and the females 25" up, depending on the care they receive after leaving our home. Their bone structure is huge. They have tall straight ears and beautiful shaped heads. They are an over all balanced dog. They are very gentle and loving to their owners and make excellent family dogs. They have proven to be very good with children and are especially protective of women and children. They make very loyal watch dogs and traveling companions as well as home companions. They are excellent in Obedience work and are so intelligent that training and showing them is very rewarding even for a novice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you care about the politics of getting a White Shepherd vs a White German Shepherd?

If you are partial to one or the other, that could restrict your search a bit.
White German Shepherd Dog Club of America, Inc. || Welcome
AWSACLUB.com: Home of the American White Shepherd Association
United White Shepherd Club - Our dogs do stuff!

And here was the thread I started when I was looking for a White Shepherd
http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...whitegsd-breeder-central-usa-ky-tn-oh-il.html

Mintern breeds over-sized shepherds and they are very expensive, out of Cobra's budget. I don't believe they are titled either.

I got my boy from Home - Hallmark Shepherds the breeder has been awesome!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Michael, I got to meet Hemi at the WGSDCA National down here a couple months ago ... he's a beautiful boy!
He sure is! I was very close to getting a pup out of Hemi, but ended up getting one out of Hallmark's Terra, and Blaze, a half brother to Vantasia's Merlin Lancelot from Sugarloaf Shepherds.

Sugarloaf's stud, Nicco was a Terra X Merlin pup, and I think my boy looks similar to him.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
The Hallmark GSD's are beautiful!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts