German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i always heard dog that have white '' spot '' on the chest are not pure breed ...

my dog is registered at the ckc and pure breed proven . father and mother dsnt have white at all !

but my boy have some white on the chest!?!?!? does that mean something ??
my boy is pure breed or i have been scamed ?

i am just wondering , is that common for gsd to have little white hair on the chest?

here is a pic

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my boy is from a leading breeder
in the USA and he has a white spot
in the center of his chest. i have to look
but i think he has a white spot on one of his toes.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Both of my pups had a bit of white on their chest and they're both AKC registered. Their parents don't have any white on them either. In a few months time it disappeared but I really liked it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't worry, small white 'patches' are not a negative (check out the breed description at AKC.org). In fact, GSD's frequently get random white hairs as they get older, especially on their muzzle and ruff.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Somewhat common for puppies to have a bit of white on the chest - it usually fades as they get older. Though some adults may retain their white chest spot.

Funny all the misconceptions flying around about GSDs!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seems small for me tho ... 4 month 3 weeks . 40 lbs .. sound wierd for a dog who suposed to be 85+lbs

but thx btw about the white spot .. made me feels more confortable after those answer ...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a purebred female... age four....with a white spot on her chest. Our former shepherd was Black with a white spot on his chest. Also purebred. Never heard a white spot meant not a pure GSD.

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
I have a bi-color with a chest diamond. She is purebred and it hasn't faded with age. The white comes from a gene one of the parents carry. Onyx also has it on her feet.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
the white spot is normal and the weight and age work nicely too.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My boy Moses has a white heart on his chest. I love it as he is such a heart dog, he just wears it on his chest. He is 100% GSD! You can see it on one of his pics in my album.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Never heard that but mine has a pretty big white spot. I love the look of it and hopefully it doesn't fade too much.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
My Bo had a white spot too gone now. I have seen it before him too. Weight varies rapid growth will start now.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Tanner has a white spot on his chest, but he is a purebred(poorly bred one).

·
Registered
52 Posts
He's adorable!! ♥ My pup is 8 months and has a white spot in the exact same spot. He's a sable GSD. I think it's starting to fade a bit though. His dad has one too and they're both pure breeds.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.