German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog Carcass Pulled From River - WNEP

A German shepherd dog that was pulled from the Susquehanna River in Lycoming County Thursday had a concrete block tied around its neck. Now the search is on to find the animal's owner.
The white, female German shepherd was likely thrown from the bridge and left for dead if it was not dead already, according to investigators.

"There was some blood on the dog. Possibly it had been shot prior to being thrown over the bridge," said Larry Woltz, a humane officer with the Lycoming County SPCA.
Humane officers said whoever is responsible for the dog's death could likely face animal cruelty charges.

Anyone with information that could help find the dog's owner is asked to contact the Lycoming County SPCA at 570-322-4646.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not to make light of the subject, but this dog could have broken into the wrong person's rabbit hutch. I sincerelly hope this was just some idiot trying to dispose of the carcass and not a case of drowning. Sad story all the way around.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree ... I really hope she was shot before she hit the water ... what a terrible way to go.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I have no problem with shooting a dog that is attacking livestock. But have the guts to report it and let the owners know why their dog is gone.

Sadly, most cases like this turn out to be a case of "don't want the dog any longer"

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
That is disgusting.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
cross posted and shared. How horrible :(

·
Registered
31,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Myamom. I thought you had probably seen in on the local news also but I know you're really busy right now. :)

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
I hadn't seen this...so thank you so much! Really hitting home with me...especially in light of all everyone is doing for Cheyenne......while...in the meantime...someone else is tying a cinderblock around a dog's neck and discarding in the river...breaks my heart.

·
Registered
31,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reward increased to $3000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts