German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I'd say that is a pure-bred white GSD - and a handsome one at that!

Definitely needs to loose some weight, and get muscled up a bit, and he will be even more handsome!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I just helped a neighbor with a stray that she though was a white GSD. When she described as looking like a wolf I thought, GSD X Huskie. Yep short triangular ears more closely set, coat and eyes more husky like but body of a GSD.

but - This dog looks more purebred GSD to me as well. I agree, beautiful dog!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would say pure gsd but does need to loose a little either way he is still handsome

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Looks like a PB White to me!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
*sigh* No not all GSDs are nick named "radar" but as a rule of thumb pure bred GSDs TEND to have larger ears....but I mentioned a combination of factors on the stray dog my neighbor had including ears (though pure white) that looked and were set like this, and eyes as well.

Quite a few people cross GSDs and Huskies and advertise them as wolf hybrids. A good friend of mine who bred and showed AKC huskies ran into this cross often in her talks with people/travels with her dogs.

Looks pure not all gsds have huge ears! Everything about it screams pure.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
There's no way to tell if she is a pure anything. She looks like a White German Shepherd.
Pretty girl too.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quite a few people cross GSDs and Huskies and advertise them as wolf hybrids. A good friend of mine who bred and showed AKC huskies ran into this cross often in her talks with people/travels with her dogs.
I have had people ask me if she is a wolf. :rolleyes: Also Samoyed. :confused:

She is a big fluffy love sponge. Very calm. Makes me think she was probably from a BYB trying to breed oversized soft "pet" GSDs. There is at least one within several hours of us.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
LOL! You could have some fun with that! People with the Black GSDs run into some funny breed guesses on their dogs too.

No matter what she is a beauty!

(APBTlove is right, we really can't tell for sure but if I were to make a bet, it would be pure WGSD)

I have had people ask me if she is a wolf. :rolleyes: Also Samoyed. :confused:

She is a big fluffy love sponge. Very calm. Makes me think she was probably from a BYB trying to breed oversized soft "pet" GSDs. There is at least one within several hours of us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts