German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,301 Posts
Your local pet store or farm supply store will have meds to treat tape worms.An inexpensive way is to add a tablespoon of diatomaceous earth to his meal once a day for at least 30 days,though it's fine to include it daily forever.$8.99 for six lbs. at Tractor Supply.It will eliminate all intestinal parasites.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Are you positive they are tape worms? You say flat white. Are they segmented?

I agree with rammykahn - Drontal. My vet actually gives my dog Drontal Plus. It is a broad spectrum dewormer. It only takes one dose. I don't need to take my dog, or even a stool sample, to the vet.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Your local pet store or farm supply store will have meds to treat tape worms.An inexpensive way is to add a tablespoon of diatomaceous earth to his meal once a day for at least 30 days,though it's fine to include it daily forever.$8.99 for six lbs. at Tractor Supply.It will eliminate all intestinal parasites.
Off leash hiking and swimming. No parasite issues to date. Use diatomaceous earth. 1 tsp in the morning 1tsp at night. Also found a flea. Put on my throw rugs before bed. Let it sit and vacuumed it up in the morning. Just wear a mask if you do that....:wink2:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
If your dog really has tapes, safe guard will likely not get rid of them. Please take your dog to the vet and have them do a fecal check. They will likely prescribe Drontal/Drontal Plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts