German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lilly practically sings me a song every morning when I get up. It goes on for a couple of minutes and then she goes back to the bedroom to wait for me to come out of the bathroom. The minute she sees me she rolls up on her back and puts her feet in the air for a belly rub. How would you interpret this behavior? I see the whining as her form of communication but is the belly up submission?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Maybe she just wants her belly rubbed. When Heidi gets up in the morning, she often comes over to one of us, puts her nose down on the rug and rubs it all around, and then falls over and rolls on her back, with her feet in the air. She looks so cute that we HAVE to rub her belly, which she seems to really enjoy. I wonder if it's just a greeting and a way to get a nice belly rub!

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Whining is usually a dog saying hurry up they want some thing. So you dog is telling you to get going with your morning routine so she can get waht she wants.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess she is just anxious to start her day. She always gets her belly rub and it sounds like she is just displaying GSD behavior. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Anxious to start her day is right on. My adopted GSD (female) does the same thing, and at time before taking her out I would prefer to make a pot of coffee, shave, etc.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Timber so does Apollo. The alarm goes off, he is roaring and ready to go, and I am a sleep walker for the first 15 minutes or so. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts