German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently just got a new GSD pup to add into our little pack , and I’m curious to what type of sable he is ? His mum is a short coat Black and Tan and his dad is a long coat sable. Would he be a dark sable ?

Attachments

·
Registered
838 Posts
He's definitely cute! Looks like he is stock coat (not long haired). To be honest, sable is sable is sable ... and sables can go through quite a bit of color change as the puppy matures ... you can often get an idea of adult color by how they look at birth. Based solely on how he looks now, I'd guess he will be fairly dark as an adult.

·
Registered
646 Posts
My guess is he'll be a patterned sable like my girl just looking at how the bottoms are tan, but the "blanket area" is darker

This is back when she was 4mos old. She's 9.5mos now

Her mom is a red and black blanket and dad is a short hair full sable

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My sable looked like that when he was a pup. This is him now at 2 days shy of 1 year old. He is patterned, I think..and he has gotten darker with age. He had a similar pattern, very similar pattern to Armistice's dog but was lighter at 5 months old. They change so much, I think that is why I love Sables.

Attachments

·
Registered
919 Posts
He looks very similar in color to my puppy Rollo. First pic is around 7 or 8 weeks old - last two were couple weeks ago at about 5.5 months & 65 lbs..what happened to my little baby lol

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts