German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of snagging a flirt pole off this site and my dog LOVES to tug on a snake we have I'd like to replace it with an actual tug...

So ... here is the list of tugs I don't see much difference than material and I'm too much of a newbie to know which material is better for what...

ideally this is just a play toy / reward.

Dog Tug Toys, Bite Suit Tugs, Jute Tugs, Leather Tugs, Fire Hose Tugs

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I use French linen. Synthetic and leather/suede get really slippery. I personally hate the feel of jute on my own hands.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
My dog progressed as he grew to being able to bite and tug on harder tugs. French LInen was a good start. I have heard firehose can be hard on teeth. My french linen tugs have lasted well, too.

·
Registered
27,272 Posts
another for the synthetic(french linen) two handled. Mine have held up well!

·
Premium Member
11,292 Posts
Can-am on ebay has great deals on tugs in packages ---- yes - definitely the french linen....no synthetic or fire hose....bad on teeth

Lee

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gunnar's favorite toy is his fire hose tug. He obeys better when this is the reward than he does when food is used.

And the fire hose has lasted better than anything else except his kong solid rubber ball (which is his second favorite reward). As for teeth, I could see it being had on enamel, especially if you let the material get filled up with dirt or sand. But I wash mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts