German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all

I've been thinking go buying Hex a Nylabone, he loves chewing plastic stuff :(
He likes to chew his Kong Safestix but it's not really designed to take that.

The Nylabones look interesting but there's so many different ones (and some of them look like you wouldn't want to leave out if you have polite company :blush: )

Do your dogs like them and which one is their favourite??

Cheers

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
My dogs love all of them and I do believe we have all of them...they hurt like crazy if you step on one:crazy: They have them for different stages of chewing.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I had bought a 3 pack with an edible kind a blue plasticy kinda with bumps and a smooth clear one that were smaller in size (said for small dogs but Penny was only around 9 weeks old) I still have all three of them, the only one she touched was the edible one, then I bought her another edible one a big one beef flavored, she decided she doesnt like them and hasnt even touched it, so really spend around $20 for them to just lay around the floor and for me to step on them, and as Llombardo said it hurts to step on them lol... I dont think I will buy anymore of them since my girl doesnt seem to care for them, but I know lots of dogs do, shes just not that much of a chewer, unless you want to count her favorite chew toy/treat being me lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I purchased all different kinds at petstore.com + a bunch of toys.
He loves his bones and it is really helping for redirecting him when he tries to go after shoes, cords etc... love it!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
The ones that I have really lasted nicely, they are about 8" long and on one end it looks like a fist. They have been well worth their money at my house.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Our dogs LOVE them and chew on them daily. Not uncommon to have half a dozen dogs camped out on the living room floor, all blissfully gnawing on a nylabone.

Their favorites seem to be the ring and the wishbone, but those don't last very long so most of ours are the large dinobone/durachew beef bone shaped ones. We have some chicken flavored, some beef flavored. Those hold up well, though they are huge so if dropped on a toe they hurt. Galileos are also good and very durable though our dogs seem to prefer the beef bone shaped ones.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I've never given nylabones because my dog has always had real bones and antlers to chew on. Bear fractured part of his lower right canine so I don't give those anymore, can I safely give him nylabones to chew on or will it still be too hard for him?

My last girl used to love her Galileo nylabone.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I've never given nylabones because my dog has always had real bones and antlers to chew on. Bear fractured part of his lower right canine so I don't give those anymore, can I safely give him nylabones to chew on or will it still be too hard for him?

My last girl used to love her Galileo nylabone.
Fiona has a Galileo. I soaked it in chicken stock. I think it is rather hard and might hurt bear more.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
My pug and the wife's dog will chew on nylabones. Different flavors. Grim will take one sometimes and mostly just toss it around. He prefers his antler and his knuckle bone to nylabones.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anyone know how long the edible ones last? I gave one to my little Cairn Terrier and it was gone in a half hour. This was one of the big ones (for a Cairn), I assume 8" to 10"? I swear there was no way she could have eaten it that fast, she's not a huge chewer, but I looked EVERYWHERE for it and I couldn't find it. She doesn't take bones away from her bed either. Are they meant to be eaten like treats, I thought they were supposed to last long?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Does anyone know how long the edible ones last? I gave one to my little Cairn Terrier and it was gone in a half hour. This was one of the big ones (for a Cairn), I assume 8" to 10"? I swear there was no way she could have eaten it that fast, she's not a huge chewer, but I looked EVERYWHERE for it and I couldn't find it. She doesn't take bones away from her bed either. Are they meant to be eaten like treats, I thought they were supposed to last long?
Fiona has them gone in 10 minutes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts