German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around for dog beds for quite a while now...
I want to get a Kuranda Dog Bed but I'm having trouble picking a fabric. They have Vinyl, 40oz. Vinyl, Ballistic Nylon, Cordura, and Vinyl Weave. Does anyone know which one of those are resistant to scratches and most durable?

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Why don't you send them an email and ask? I have Kuranda dog beds and I love them, but back when I bought them (2001 and 2005) there weren't as many choices as there are now. Mine are Cordura Nylon and have stood up very well for many years. They don't look so pretty anymore, but they're intact and I'm still using them - over 10 years now for the oldest one!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't you send them an email and ask? I have Kuranda dog beds and I love them, but back when I bought them (2001 and 2005) there weren't as many choices as there are now. Mine are Cordura Nylon and have stood up very well for many years. They don't look so pretty anymore, but they're intact and I'm still using them - over 10 years now for the oldest one!
I just emailed them... Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it seems like they aren't going to respond to my email anytime soon... So If anyone else knows which one is a good fabric that is most durable and scratch resistant, please comment!

BTW: Are those elevated dog beds actually comfortable?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
It's probably schematics for some of those. I mean, you're talking about where a dog sleeps....I think any of those fabrics are going to hold up well. I don't think that DuPont had dogs in mind when they developed a product to help protect soldiers from schrapel!

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Well, it seems like they aren't going to respond to my email anytime soon... So If anyone else knows which one is a good fabric that is most durable and scratch resistant, please comment!

BTW: Are those elevated dog beds actually comfortable?
My dogs think so! I'd give them more than a day or two to respond, especially right after a holiday. You could try calling them if you still don't hear back, there's an 800 number on the website. I did find this though:

Fabrics

Heavy Duty 40 oz. Vinyl

The choice of animal shelters and kennels for dogs that need the most durable furnishings, it provides the best abrasion resistance of any fabric we’ve found. The smooth non-porous surface enables easy cleaning; just spray and wipe clean. It will puddle when wet.

Cordura Nylon
Specially coated to resist staining, this abrasion resistant high-denier nylon has the feel and texture of traditional canvas. Cordura is usually found in outdoor backpacks and boots to provide the feel of canvas but with greater durability. It has a soft touch weave to provide excellent footing for dogs.

Vinyl Weave
Great for outdoor use, the open, water proof weave allows air and water to flow through, helping dogs stay cool and dry. It is frequently used outside and in hot climates where air circulation is beneficial. Vinyl weave fabric is not recommended for dogs that dig as it is the most susceptible to damage from their nails. Vinyl weave is the only fabric not included in our 1 year warranty.

Ballistic Nylon
This high denier nylon has the same rich appearance and durability of Cordura but the smooth finish doesn’t catch hair, making it easier to clean. Many kennel owners who prefer a strong canvas type material choose Ballistic Nylon for this reason. Specially coated to resist staining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts