German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get a cordless Dremel and also one where I can control the speed.
I think my 20+ y/o Dremel can retire or be used just for backup.

Which is better for a GSD? Would the mini-mite work or should I stick with the one that goes up to 20,000 rpm? Renji is small but when I get a pure GSD I want to make sure the tool I get now will work fine in the future.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
The mini-mite will be just fine. It's what I have for Kayla and Lancer.

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
Yep, that's what I use too.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I won't buy the cordless again as the batteries only last a year or two then cost as much as a new cordless to replace!

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Debbie, awesome!

Natalie, I know that that's a concern but I don't think my corded Dremel will ever die and I need something I can take outside to parks as those are the times I get the best Dremeling done. Can't win them all, right?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i use the 4.8v dremel. its the little blue one. got it at walmart ($20). the higher speed works perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
I have an extra battery for mine too. Keefer's nails grow really fast, and I never seem to get to them every two weeks as planned, sometimes it's 3 or 4 weeks, so it takes a few passes across each paw to get them down to where I like them so they don't clack on the hardwood floors. It was just easier to switch out batteries between dogs, and I never had to worry about not having enough charge left. The batteries do eventually die after numerous recharges, but I've been Dremeling for around 6 years now, and have only tossed one battery so far, I'm on battery #2 and #3. One of them is noticeably less powerful than the other, so it's due to be replaced in a few months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts