German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boys (21 and 23) are home for Christmas (yea!) but I knew that getting a puppy (even a 10 month old one) right before Christmas was going to be a challenge. Believe me, I thought it through and decided that the boys wouldn't be happy with me if I waited until after their visit to get the pup. So, I've had Ridley for just over a week and he's doing beautifully. No disasters and no major issues. 23 year old son comes home and spends the day yesterday chilling out and resting at home. We went over the puppy rules when he got home - I got lots of eye rolling but he appeared to be listening! He's a very smart young man - Army First Lieutenant and already back from his first deployment but sometimes . . . anyway he lets Ridley out of his crate and alternately plays with him and ignores him. I though all was ok but this afternoon my husband called me to let me know I'll be needing to find someone to re-upholster a dining room chair :mad:. Grrrr . . . I'm not mad at Ridley . . . he did exactly what I would have expected with no supervision. I guess I'm going to have to make signs to put on the crates reminding everyone of my rules! Just venting . . .

It's actually very easy to redirect Ridley. A single "Leave It" and offer of something else and he moves on. Fortunately, he doesn't stick to a single toy for very long otherwise he probably would have destroyed my entire dining room - instead just got the corner of a chair and supposedly only the upholstery not the wood.

Does anyone know how to track down fabric to match a 5 year old chair so I don't have to redo all 8 of them? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Oh no. Well, if it's any consolation, it's very easy to re-upholster a chair. It shouldn't cost you too much. Especially if the 23 year old pays for it. :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
If you can still make out the model number of the chair you should be able to google it and find a carrier of the fabric:)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I say who needs matching upholstery anyway?? I'd redo it in a completely different fabric, the gaudier the better, and make that your son's chair- he could sit in it every time he's home. And tell him thanks for his service from all of us.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Sorry. It's probably too late to put the 23 year old up for adoption. I guess you could try Craigslist. Hee! Hee!

Enjoy the boys and pup. They grow up sooo fast. Well....some of them.

·
Registered
32,555 Posts
Untrainable. Put an ad on Craigslist and if that doesn't work, take him directly to the pound to let somebody else deal with it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts