German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a chance to buy/get DA2PP vaccines in Canada without going to the vet - is this possible? Can these vaccines be purchased in Canada without veterinarian prescription? If so, could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Reason for asking this is that a friend of mine is a veterinary technician who would be able to admit the vaccines to my dog for free - hence there would be no need to go to the vet to get the vaccination (most vets won't admit vaccines without charging for examination - which in turn all together - one vaccine and exam - ends up costing over $80). Of course I am not trying to exclude veterinarian in my dogs heath just trying to save on some initial cost since puppies usually must be vaccinated at least 3-4 times within first 16 weeks of their life. (3*$80 = $240).

Thank you all for your advices.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The vaccine itself costs next to nothing... and they sell to breeders. ;)
I don't see why there wouldn't be a clinic available that just "assembly lines" these types of services... I understand things can go wrong, but honestly, other than a animal being visibly ill, has a vet ever turned away a dog to be vaccinated?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply - it would be great to know who is "they" here in Canada :rolleyes: - if not able to post here could you send me a PM please?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Any vet you could find that would sell to someone they believe is a breeder, try calling some vets in your area. Unfortunately I don't know of any.
I wouldn't recommend buying anything online because you can't buy prescription meds in Canada... most are just fraudulent sites that prey on people in the States who are led to believe medication in Canada is plentiful and easy to come by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts