German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 15 week old puppy is one of the friendliest dogs anyone has ever met. He approaches strangers - ears back, just DYING to be petted. He lays on their feet, rolls over for a belly rub, etc (you get the picture). He is like that with other dogs too - he would just love to play with them. Obviously he has never met a human he didn't like.

So where is his sense of "reserve or aloofness" that GSD's are known for or does this come at a later stage of development?

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
He's 15 weeks - a baby! This is a GOOD attitude right now. Just wait until he becomes a teenager and you'll be wishing for this.
Keep up the socialization and motivational training!

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
It comes at a much later stage of development. In males, often not until close to 3 years old.

For now, loving everyone is just as it should be. A puppy being reserved or shy around strangers usually indicates an inherent temperament problem and/or lack of proper socialization. Sounds like he's just as he should be for his age.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
That is great!!! You should be happy about this!!! Sounds like a great pup!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
OOOOH yeah Brady is three and I have a call into the trainer
he gets a little aggressive with other dogs (not all) when they come into his space and I am NOT liking it
Time for a reality check

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Like everyone else is saying, YOU have the perfect puppy! Want a happy and confident puppy, to make a confident (and probably aloof) adult dog!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts