German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I adopted Peggy and Buffy in Alaska, bought Maxie Lee from a local breeder, adopted Shiva from a rescue in California, adopted Hannah from a shelter in Texas, and adopted Sable out of Mississippi.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
I purchased Grimm from Van Den Heuvel K9. Their dogs are what I was looking for, but mainly, the breeder, Dari, is uniquely gifted in precisely matching pups to owners. I asked for very large, calm, cuddly, easygoing.. and I got that exactly.

In the past, I rescued my first dog from a shelter, and my second was donated when his owners situation made it a good move for him.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Both my Boys, Buck and Lewie came from kill shelters.
I couldnt get any better behaved boys. I just love them so very much. I remember my husband for the first 3 months he would look at Buck and say I just cant believe he came from the shelter. LOL

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
We purchased Rocky from a BYB. (Of course at the time, did not know much about breeding, rescues, etc.) So I guess we rescued him. He wasn't living in the best conditions and at least now he is happy, taken care of, and well behaved. Next dog will be a rescue.

·
Registered
27,213 Posts
Onyx came from Mom's Pick GSD's as a Christmas Surprize(DH set it up w/care) and Kacie was a rescue, found abandoned in a trailer w/ a cat after the tenant moved out. We were lucky to get two beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I'm looking to purchase (sort of), but my previous dogs have been all adopted.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I hope I didn't skew the results of the poll, I voted for PURCHASED FROM A BREEDER, however, most of the Hooligans were gifts from breeders, one was "payment" for stud service.

RINGER & HONEY - breeder Julie Tittl - Hylowe - in MI - given to me as gifts from owner of the stud at that time Niki and Arte Schickler - FL (JR, their sire, ended up living with me).

KELLY - breeder Anne Utter - Ro-Ann - in TN - given to me as a gift.

MAC - breeder Daphne Hereford - Rin Tin Tin - in TX - given to me as a gift.

SLIDER - breeder Cyndi Flautt - Caretti - in MS - purchased.

BRUISER - breeder defrauded me - won't mention the kennel name - in FL - received for stud service payment.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Max was purchased from a pet store.
All previous GSD's were from shelters or given to me from people who no longer wanted them.

Only one did I have to rehome. A GSD that tried daily to eat my goat.

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Kaiser - purchased from breeder
Nara - purchased from breeder
Ira - purchased from an owner who purchased her as a puppy from an importer who purchased her from a breeder
Kali - imported through a broker who purchased her from her breeder/owner
Wulf, Raven and Della - bred ourselves

G

·
0 Posts
Kaiser, Dutch, and Max were all bred from my father's pedigree line of GSDs while he was still in the business. Of course my father never charged me for them. Heck, I was still a child for the first two. Karl, Sieg, Willie, and Odin were all decended from that line but bred at another breeder's kennels. This breeder was also the person who my father had often matched his dogs with in the past. I paid a reduced cost from her for all but Odin. She was going to charge me a reduced cost as well but decided to just give him to me since he had been a re-home and had behavior issues (serious separation anxiety) when I got him. She felt my rehabilitation of him was fee enough since she felt she had made a mistake in allowing his first owners to have him at all. Frigga also cost me nothing and was a re-home. A member of this site knew that I was looking to rescue a young female and since she lived within driving distance of me at the time brought her to me. She does have her papers though.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Georgie Girl - adopted from PG County MD shelter - she had been taken away from a home as a humane abuse case

JayDee - from a kill shelter in SC - (and found on this very board!) he was only supposed to live for a couple months and he is still going strong 1 1/2 years later!

Remo - dumped at a shelter in WV by a backyard breeder who dumped six male pups that she couldn't manage to sell.

John, my better half for the past 26 years, calls this group of dogs the "Castaways". It was a great caption for our beach photos this year!

·
Premium Member
11,143 Posts
Kyra - acquired from couple who purchased her from sire's owner

Csabre - homebred from Kyra

Basha - purchased in Europe via friend at 23 months old

Danger - bought with his mother

Furious, Granit, Gauner - all homebred from Basha

Fenja - through (ex) friend via broker in Germany who sent me photos of her own dog representing her to be Fenja!

Lee

·
Super Moderator
18,680 Posts
Nike and Brazen purchased from their breeders.
Vala and Alexis were both bred by me.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts