German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
he looks marvelous there, like a cloud come down to earth to mingle with the breaking waves.
What do you do about water in his ears? Or is that a problem?

Reactions: GandalfTheShepherd

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I don't know but good riddance! The news said it was the fourth hottest summer on record. I am ready to get active again and can't wait for fall.

But still, a gorgeous picture!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he looks marvelous there, like a cloud come down to earth to mingle with the breaking waves.
What do you do about water in his ears? Or is that a problem?
Lol love that description ! I use vets best ear wash, but it comes in two bottles, one of the bottles is labeled "wash" while the other is "dry". I just use the dry bottle a little bit in his ears and it dries them out good ?. Never had ear issues with my dogs using this!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know but good riddance! The news said it was the fourth hottest summer on record. I am ready to get active again and can't wait for fall.

But still, a gorgeous picture!
I couldn't agree more! We enjoy the beach but can't wait for the trails to dry up and for the cooler weather!

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
I usually love summer and don't want it to be over. Summer of 2018 was the worst summer ever - in Maryland. It rained, and rained, and rained. I could grow rice in my yard. I hope whatever the next season brings, that it's dry.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I usually love summer and don't want it to be over. Summer of 2018 was the worst summer ever - in Maryland. It rained, and rained, and rained. I could grow rice in my yard. I hope whatever the next season brings, that it's dry.
You can trade the rain for flames and move out west?

I’m gonna miss summer this year. Normally I don’t care for it, but we hit the lakes, rivers, and streams hard this year and had a blast. Zoey learned to kayak and Ranger learned that water can be fun and not just an obstacle to swim across.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is beautiful. I love his dark pigment. It looks angelic. with that long hair...if it's dry /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Why was this the last time on the beach?
Thank you , we don't normally go in the fall & winter the water is much too cold ?.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So much rain here too, I've never seen anything like it... even after a hurricane it hasn't ever been this flooded!

·
Super Moderator
5,124 Posts

raining again today! The end of a tropical storm, right? It barely looks like the sun came up. I went out with the dogs anyhow since there is no lightening and the wind is calm. Have to be careful of mud. My plants are growing as if it is the tropical rain forest. I'm getting lovely moss growing in the bare spots in my yard (yes, I like moss)

excuse me, they are both begging me to take them out again

Oh great. now someone doesn't want to come back in :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Beautiful gandalf and photo. Your lucky you are in Florida you have many oceans days ahead jumping those waves or dogs swimming through them you get warmed up very quick. I’m going to miss the summer. I do agree with the heat it was awfully hot and to hot to feel incredibly motivated unless in water. It was not the usual summer for me my kids and dogs but the end of the summer I started feeling human again. The water really helped with this and have been going to the ocean as much as I can. My son and dogs are as much as a fish as I am. Yesterday we were going to go to the beach but with The storms brewing and strong rip current we stuck to a long trail that leads down to the beach with bay. A few people out but had the small beach all to ourselves. It was a bit drizzly out. My son and nephew had a ball - future marine biologists. We took Luna to get one on one time. She is like a mother hen watching over her flock. My nephew was making crazy noses and she was concerned swam up to him smelling him checking him out to make sure he was okay. Not the nicest day but a fun one. I make sure I make it to the beach as often as I can until it get much lower in temps! It’s hard To believe it’s in the mid 60’s today and rainy. Last week you were hot getting out of the ocean which even looked tropical. I do love the fall and the energy it brings but just not quite ready for it yet. Photo of some colored leaves on the ground and had to take a photo of it, adventures of yesterday and the ocean I will miss once the freezing cold hits.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
raining again today! The end of a tropical storm, right? It barely looks like the sun came up. I went out with the dogs anyhow since there is no lightening and the wind is calm. Have to be careful of mud. My plants are growing as if it is the tropical rain forest. I'm getting lovely moss growing in the bare spots in my yard (yes, I like moss)

excuse me, they are both begging me to take them out again

Oh great. now someone doesn't want to come back in :)
I'm not sure what the storm system is. I know this is hurricane season and we are getting hit with something. My husband told me it was coming. I responded, "What's the difference between this rain and all the rest?" It's horrible. I have to wash the dogs legs off every time, before I let them in the house. I can't even let them in the yard now. I leash them to go out front to the bathroom. Enough, I say. LOL! Muck boots are my friend and current fashion statement.

Update - HA! It's not even here yet. Tropical storm Florence is supposed to become a hurricane today and head toward the southeast coast later this week. Blow out to sea, Florence!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Yes it looks like the hurricane is heading to the Carolinas for Friday but can easily change and hit anything along the coast -hoping it goes out to sea.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Went to petsmart today and they already have the Halloween toys out, and reasonably priced too. We got a little smiling candy corn for $2! Sure doesn't feel quite like fall is around the corner here though, 92 F today and humid.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts