German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we've managed to survive the first 6 months. It's been an adventure in patience for sure. Sitka is 6 months old today. I've raised him since 5 weeks. I brought home a 6lbs pup, and I now have a 60lbs beast, 23.5" tall, armed with a mouth full of big boy teeth! We still have a long road ahead of us, but he gets more personality and smarter by the day. Its fun. Now to learn our way through the teenager stage. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice name :p

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where are you located?

Sitka's breeder was on Vancouver Island, but I'm from Whitehorse, Yukon.

He's a beautiful pup, by the way!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you located?

Sitka's breeder was on Vancouver Island, but I'm from Whitehorse, Yukon.

He's a beautiful pup, by the way!!
Thank you!
I'm in Southern Idaho. My family was military and we moved from Alaska to Idaho, where my family retired. He reminded me of a little bear cub when we brought him home in the middle of Decemeber. So I named him Sitka Bearheart.
Sitka isn't from a reputable breeder. He's "backyard bred". He's a one and only litter from a friend's family dog.
I'd love to see your pup. ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The day i brought my pup home he looked just like a little black bear cub.. He is now also 6 months.. These dogs sure do grow quickly!!!
I love the look of black shepherds. So handsome.
So handsome!!! Caesar will be 5 months on Sunday......it really flies!!!
Such a handsome boy. He has gotten so big!

·
Registered
984 Posts
He is still cute just bigger. While I love the puppy stage I can’t wait till mine is bigger. Ozzy is not quite 3 mo and already getting his adult fur

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is still cute just bigger. While I love the puppy stage I can’t wait till mine is bigger. Ozzy is not quite 3 mo and already getting his adult fur
Oh, He's definitely still cute, and turning into a big baby. He's much more cuddly now then when he was little.
Sitka got very itchy and dandruffy when he was getting his adult fur. It was mostly between 3-4 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts