German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all I can find is orange vests but the bright yellow, like my jacket, is much more visible in heavy brush. Plus it should have hooks for glowing sticks.

Any ideas? And no, I can't afford the 700 dollar kevlar vest from storm inc. LOL

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, Dicks Sporting goods - all for around $15, no hooks though. But with retroreflective trim you look like a Christmas Tree at night.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You can also check uniform supply places. Check with a local PD or F D to see where they get their stuff.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Oh, yes - you or the dog? I assumed you.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's for the dog. I have a nice, bright yellow jacket with reflective stripes.

I am just looking for a very specific K9 ve st that is very nice. It is reflective around the chest, has two hooks for the glowing sticks right on the back an reflective stripes as well and literally lit up like a Christmas Tree in the dark. It's supposed to be around 200 dollars but she did not know where that vest is from since she got it from the Comfed Auction. It's the best vet I've seen so far.

The ones at tractor supply or ganders mountain are floating vests and those other vests just don't have the quality I'm looking for.

Has anyone ever used any kind of floating vests for area search?

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
We just use aurorlites collars and the basic harness type vests.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I have a couple I would give to you. I used to wear them when I was training for marathons but I found that people (drivers) used them as something to aim at so I decided to go dark and do my own avoiding.... it was much safer.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Personally, I dont want all of that stuff on my dog to get hung up on something. Put a reflective breakaway collar on the dog and call it good. :)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Sandra - you mean like THIS one?

Bright yellow vest with reflective stripes. I have the same type but in a slightly smaller size for Ronja as well, for hiking during hunting season. Haven't used it much lately.

The last time I was at the Doggie Doo, they had these in stock for about $12.

Back Country Edge has a pretty good price on the "fern green" (which is actually high-viz yellow) coat from Ruff Wear for $40. These are quite nice. Ruff Wear Track Jacket Dog Safety Vest | Reviews

1 - 10 of 10 Posts