German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a very nice stainless steel collar tag and it came today. I punched holes in Kodee's leather collar, and it turns out I can't use the rivets that were provided with the tag, as they are too short. (The leather is pretty thick). Is there a place I can buy rivets only? Would the hardware store have them? Or should I maybe take the collar and tag to a shoe repair place? Would they be able to attach it? I'm anxious to get this on his collar, as his old tag has an old phone number on it...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You can probably buy the rivets at the hardware store along with the tool to conpress them, or you could try the shoe repair or even a trophy store where they sell ingraved plaques.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the rivets i needed at Michael's Craft store (they have a small section for leather workers) along with the tool to install the rivets. You can also try anyone who works with horses and they may do it for free (I forgot to ask friends and ended up paying for something I rarely use. Turns out several people could have helped. Duh!) Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts