German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 22 Posts

· Registered
9,340 Posts
Let me tell you something. I've been coming on this board for almost 9 years. I've been fostering dogs for 7 years. And I'm still a rank amateur about a lot of things.

I feel pretty qualified to give advice pertaining to rescue. And because of my recent breeder search and the fact that I have to deal so often with the product of indiscriminate breeding, I feel confident in giving basic advice on telling a reputable breeder from one whose pups are likely to end up in my rescue before their 2nd birthday.

But I know next to nothing about bloodlines and genetics. I'm having to do a lot of research about raising, feeding, and training a puppy. I'm also having to do a lot of new research about caring for Rocky now that he's becoming a senior. Even though I've been actively involved in GSDs for 8 years now, you won't see me giving much advice on those topics because I haven't experienced them myself and there are so many people on this forum who have. It's better for me to sit back and learn from them.

1 - 2 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.